Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

cut radio wiring harness?

Old 02-26-2009, 02:40 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
egcivichatchh is a jewel in the roughegcivichatchh is a jewel in the roughegcivichatchh is a jewel in the roughegcivichatchh is a jewel in the roughegcivichatchh is a jewel in the rough
Default cut radio wiring harness?

well the genius that owned the car before me cut the stock radio harness and hard wired in a new harness to fit the head unit that is in the car now. im trying to put in a alpine cda-9833 headunit. do i have to hardwire in the wiring harness for this headunit and tear out the other wiring? i have no idea what to do......
Old 02-26-2009, 02:49 PM
Uno Mas

p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone
Default Re: cut radio wiring harness?

I guess that depends on how good of a job he did splicing in the wires.

If it was me, I'd cut it out, and rewire in the factory radio connector (junkyard is good for these). That way, you can just buy a headunit adapter harness for your year/model car and keep chopping away at that as you splice in new headunits, not having to touch your factory wiring anymore.
Old 02-26-2009, 04:12 PM
Registered Member

Jaybo is an unknown quantity at this point

i picked up a factory male plug for my car when i reinstalled my factory radio from this store http://search.stores.ebay.com/Autowa...341785QQsofpZ0

he's got alot of stuff... i think this might be the harness you're looking for http://cgi.ebay.com/Honda-Civic-Fact...QQcmdZViewItem

shipped fast and product was good stuff!
hope this helps!

and btw, i think rewiring in the factory harness and picking up an adapter would be the best idea. lord knows head units don't last forever. save yourself, or maybe the next guy, a headache down the road!
Old 02-26-2009, 05:16 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

You can buy a harness with the factory gender connector on it, and splice the factory wiring back to it. Then you can install the Alpine like normal with an adapter harness. Then you'll have the car back to normal without having to permanently install the Alpine.
Old 02-27-2009, 12:39 AM
SG

C16EFSedan has disabled reputation

Or... pay me to fix it?!?!
Old 02-27-2009, 03:04 AM
Registered member

jdm2u has disabled reputation

u can buy the factory plug like dude said that will get u back to stock if u want to wire in ur head unit the right way by the wiring harness like u would if u were doin a normal cd deck install.. just member if you buy an aftermarket stock harness to connect to the car the wire colors will not be the same!
Old 02-27-2009, 07:44 AM
Registered Member

egcivichatchh is a jewel in the roughegcivichatchh is a jewel in the roughegcivichatchh is a jewel in the roughegcivichatchh is a jewel in the roughegcivichatchh is a jewel in the rough

thanks for the input. i appreciate it!