Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Corvette Blue Devil, is it real?

Old 07-06-2006, 12:56 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask
Default Corvette Blue Devil, is it real?

May be Cobra4u can chime in. Boss has had his Z06 for a while now (his 3rd vette in 2.5 years) I mentioned the blue devil to him and he's already talking about ordering one (whenever that will be) Has anyone heard some fairly defenitive proof that it will be made or perhaps when? 625bhp @ 2900 lbs sounds sexy (and I think his current Z06 is fast)
Old 07-07-2006, 03:41 AM
Srsly.

Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Corvette Blue Devil, is it real?

I've heard it's real.
Old 07-07-2006, 03:59 AM
Luxury = Love

Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty

sounds nice, hey cobra4u any ideas, LOL
Old 07-07-2006, 06:50 AM
Registered Member

jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R

it's cobra4B...RECOGNIZE EMF
Old 07-07-2006, 06:59 AM
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

haha... hello, I am Brian, I used to have a Mustang Cobra... thus I am Cobra4B!

Yes, the car is real... LS9 6.2 supercharged w/ > 600 hp in stock form.

I have a friend who works at the Corvette plant, she is a PR manager... last summer they had an open forum of sorts where they could as the GM execs anything they wanted. One worker aske "Is the blue devil real?" The answer was, "Yes it's in development"

Then GM started to do poorly and the project was/is off/on/off/on again. Based on recent statements by the head Corvette engineer Tom Wallace the car is inded being made.

People have also checked up on what patents GM has applied for and their engine production grid has leaked out... so things like the LS9 and LS3 are in development (LS3 for C7 or future C6, LS9 for Blue devil). This is how people knew the new Z06 would have an aluminum chassis... GM patented the process to hydroform aluminum rails.

The car is supposedly code named Blue Devil, because Bob Lutz's son went to Duke... but the real name is rumored to be Stingray (PLEASE YES) or the SS (PLEASE NO). The SS badge is being put on everything these days... however, many don't know that the first SS ever was a Corvette.

The rest of the options are purely speculation... How different will it look from the Z06? All carbon? What brakes? Comp license mandatory? Who knows!
Old 07-07-2006, 08:08 AM
Registered member

RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask

Sweet, thanks. I'll let him know. I could only find hear say stuff and what not. From what I did piece together, I guess GM is having a fun time trying to get the motors bottom end holding up in testing with that new found HP. Bossman said if it was true he def was going to buy it. . . must be nice.
Old 07-07-2006, 03:56 PM
Banned

DualSpool94 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes it is real, and a very nice car I am one of the few to actually see one of these, sounds like a f1 jetfighter (the sc does)..

Beautiful designs on the dash and shifter as well
Old 07-07-2006, 05:03 PM
static air

Douglas Douglas Douglas Douglas Douglas Douglas Douglas Douglas Douglas Douglas Douglas

I saw an article about it in a Car and Driver a while back, and they said that it is supposed to be available sometime in the near future. When that is, I have no clue.
Old 07-07-2006, 06:18 PM
$Level$

Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich

Let's go halves Brian.........We'll swap every other weekend.
Old 07-07-2006, 08:05 PM
Back in Black

SimplistikTA will become famous soon enough

Rumor also has it that the car will cost close to $100K. Bummer.

Quick Reply: Corvette Blue Devil, is it real?