Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Cordless Battery Powered Impact Wrenches

Old 04-20-2007, 06:51 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AuburnRyan AuburnRyan AuburnRyan AuburnRyan AuburnRyan AuburnRyan AuburnRyan AuburnRyan AuburnRyan AuburnRyan AuburnRyan
Default Cordless Battery Powered Impact Wrenches

So these would make things so much easier for removing stubborn bolts on cars...

Looking into something like this that would provide about 90 lb-ft of torque - I know Makita's are the best in this category....

http://www.hechinger.com//web/catalo...aspx?pid=85463

Since I break bolts all the hand tightening things on the honda I have
(most recently the PS adjustment mount bolt at around 20lb-ft) - is is safe to say this should go no where near a bolt when tightening things on the car?

So who uses these and how useful are they? My nissan bolts stand up to serious tightening...safe to say the honda bolts suck and I'm over-thinking this purchase?
Old 04-20-2007, 09:00 AM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic
Default Re: Cordless Battery Powered Impact Wrenches

The makita sucks balls. get either the IR cordless, or if you want to just go to the local big box hardware store, the DeWalt.

i've used both, and both are very useful.
Old 04-20-2007, 01:17 PM
DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok
Default Re: Cordless Battery Powered Impact Wrenches

Makita. A lot of guys at work have those and I've seen the ends break off more than once. They also have a lot of battery problems.

I am ordering this next week.

IR 14.4V 3/8" Cordless Impact Wrench Kit
Impact, 2 batteries, charger - $221. Around the same price as those crappy Makitas and $180 less than my Snap-On man quoted me this morning. Man I love Froogle.

Plus, Ingersoll-Rand kicks ass. I have their titanium impacts (air) and air ratchets - top notch stuff.

Last edited by The Wok; 04-20-2007 at 01:19 PM.