Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Coilover Suggestion

Old 08-18-2012, 05:28 PM
  #1  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
chevylowrider21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Gloucester,VA
Posts: 2,445
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
chevylowrider21 has disabled reputation
Default Coilover Suggestion

This past week I recently bought a bone Stock 99 Acura Integra. First thing im looking to do is get some new suspension and wheels. The last few cars i have had came with shit suspension and since im starting fresh i want to put some quality stuff on it. Im debating on either Function & Form type 1s or a Ground Control/Koni setup. Just want to hear from you all on your opinions or if you suggest any other type of quality suspension.

Thanks.
chevylowrider21 is offline  
Old 08-18-2012, 05:36 PM
  #2  
VaDriven Mayhem
 
Lord Humongous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Where the faggles are.
Posts: 21,348
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous
Default Re: Coilover Suggestion

Yea, use the search button
Lord Humongous is offline  
Old 08-18-2012, 05:50 PM
  #3  
Flatulence
 
PicovAndropov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: 757
Posts: 5,465
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov
Default Re: Coilover Suggestion

Personally I wouldn't go with function form coilovers. Yes they let you get really low... But thats about it. They are complete crap for track use since their rebound rate is low. Save up enough money and buy the Toda Fightex coilovers. I can't help you much on the ground control and kony's since I have not experienced with them. And use the search button since this subject has been covered before. If that fails, use Google, hear it does wonders.
PicovAndropov is offline  
Old 08-18-2012, 05:51 PM
  #4  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
chevylowrider21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Gloucester,VA
Posts: 2,445
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
chevylowrider21 has disabled reputation
Default

Originally Posted by Lord Humongous:7907141
Yea, use the search button
Thought about that after i posted. Thanks.
chevylowrider21 is offline  
Old 08-18-2012, 05:52 PM
  #5  
Registered member
 
tegkidd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 871
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tegkidd tegkidd tegkidd tegkidd tegkidd tegkidd tegkidd tegkidd tegkidd tegkidd tegkidd
Default Coilover Suggestion

Type 1s
tegkidd is offline  
Old 08-18-2012, 05:59 PM
  #6  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
chevylowrider21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Gloucester,VA
Posts: 2,445
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
chevylowrider21 has disabled reputation
Default

Originally Posted by PicovAndropov:7907157
Personally I wouldn't go with function form coilovers. Yes they let you get really low... But thats about it. They are complete crap for track use since their rebound rate is low. Save up enough money and buy the Toda Fightex coilovers. I can't help you much on the ground control and kony's since I have not experienced with them. And use the search button since this subject has been covered before. If that fails, use Google, hear it does wonders.
Ill have to do some research on the toda ones. Thanks.
chevylowrider21 is offline  
Old 08-18-2012, 06:04 PM
  #7  
ermahgerd
 
bumada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Va Beach
Posts: 2,759
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada
Default Re: Coilover Suggestion

I've had ground control and koni set up on my integra for over 5 years now. No problems what so every. You didn't mention what you plan on using the car for or what you want out of them. These are great for the track and the option to buy the top hats are a must if you want a better ride/greater strut travel. You'll have to decide on the spring rates you want and ground control reps will point you in the right direction for what you should get based on what you are using the car for. I've heard good things about function and form but mainly from friends who just use them to slam their cars.
bumada is offline  
Old 08-18-2012, 06:07 PM
  #8  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
chevylowrider21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Gloucester,VA
Posts: 2,445
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
chevylowrider21 has disabled reputation
Default

Originally Posted by bumada:7907169
I've had ground control and koni set up on my integra for over 5 years now. No problems what so every. You didn't mention what you plan on using the car for or what you want out of them. These are great for the track and the option to buy the top hats are a must if you want a better ride/greater strut travel. You'll have to decide on the spring rates you want and ground control reps will point you in the right direction for what you should get based on what you are using the car for. I've heard good things about function and form but mainly from friends who just use them to slam their cars.
Not looking to do any ridiculous. Its my daily so just a moderate drop. But dont want springs so i can adjust to my likings.
chevylowrider21 is offline  
Old 08-18-2012, 06:13 PM
  #9  
ermahgerd
 
bumada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Va Beach
Posts: 2,759
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada
Default Re: Coilover Suggestion

well coilovers still have springs. With you ground controls, you can choose which spring rates you want. I know people that use this set up for the track and have multiple sets of springs that they change out based on the track and conditions. Just sounds like you need something simple though and these might be too much for you just to put on a daily.
bumada is offline  
Old 08-18-2012, 06:34 PM
  #10  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
chevylowrider21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Gloucester,VA
Posts: 2,445
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
chevylowrider21 has disabled reputation
Default

Originally Posted by bumada:7907174
well coilovers still have springs. With you ground controls, you can choose which spring rates you want. I know people that use this set up for the track and have multiple sets of springs that they change out based on the track and conditions. Just sounds like you need something simple though and these might be too much for you just to put on a daily.
Yes i know they have springs. Eibachs to be specific. Which are one of the better riding springs out there. Which is why i was leaning towards the ground control/koni setup. Get a killer ride with the eibachs and still have the option to raise/lower the car.
chevylowrider21 is offline  

Quick Reply: Coilover Suggestion


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: