Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Coilover Suggestion

Old 08-18-2012, 05:28 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
chevylowrider21 has disabled reputation
Default Coilover Suggestion

This past week I recently bought a bone Stock 99 Acura Integra. First thing im looking to do is get some new suspension and wheels. The last few cars i have had came with shit suspension and since im starting fresh i want to put some quality stuff on it. Im debating on either Function & Form type 1s or a Ground Control/Koni setup. Just want to hear from you all on your opinions or if you suggest any other type of quality suspension.

Thanks.
Old 08-18-2012, 05:36 PM
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous
Default Re: Coilover Suggestion

Yea, use the search button
Old 08-18-2012, 05:50 PM
Flatulence

PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov

Personally I wouldn't go with function form coilovers. Yes they let you get really low... But thats about it. They are complete crap for track use since their rebound rate is low. Save up enough money and buy the Toda Fightex coilovers. I can't help you much on the ground control and kony's since I have not experienced with them. And use the search button since this subject has been covered before. If that fails, use Google, hear it does wonders.
Old 08-18-2012, 05:51 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Lord Humongous:7907141
Yea, use the search button
Thought about that after i posted. Thanks.
Old 08-18-2012, 05:52 PM
Registered member

tegkidd tegkidd tegkidd tegkidd tegkidd tegkidd tegkidd tegkidd tegkidd tegkidd tegkidd
Default Coilover Suggestion

Type 1s
Old 08-18-2012, 05:59 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by PicovAndropov:7907157
Personally I wouldn't go with function form coilovers. Yes they let you get really low... But thats about it. They are complete crap for track use since their rebound rate is low. Save up enough money and buy the Toda Fightex coilovers. I can't help you much on the ground control and kony's since I have not experienced with them. And use the search button since this subject has been covered before. If that fails, use Google, hear it does wonders.
Ill have to do some research on the toda ones. Thanks.
Old 08-18-2012, 06:04 PM
ermahgerd

bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada

I've had ground control and koni set up on my integra for over 5 years now. No problems what so every. You didn't mention what you plan on using the car for or what you want out of them. These are great for the track and the option to buy the top hats are a must if you want a better ride/greater strut travel. You'll have to decide on the spring rates you want and ground control reps will point you in the right direction for what you should get based on what you are using the car for. I've heard good things about function and form but mainly from friends who just use them to slam their cars.
Old 08-18-2012, 06:07 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by bumada:7907169
I've had ground control and koni set up on my integra for over 5 years now. No problems what so every. You didn't mention what you plan on using the car for or what you want out of them. These are great for the track and the option to buy the top hats are a must if you want a better ride/greater strut travel. You'll have to decide on the spring rates you want and ground control reps will point you in the right direction for what you should get based on what you are using the car for. I've heard good things about function and form but mainly from friends who just use them to slam their cars.
Not looking to do any ridiculous. Its my daily so just a moderate drop. But dont want springs so i can adjust to my likings.
Old 08-18-2012, 06:13 PM
ermahgerd

bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada

well coilovers still have springs. With you ground controls, you can choose which spring rates you want. I know people that use this set up for the track and have multiple sets of springs that they change out based on the track and conditions. Just sounds like you need something simple though and these might be too much for you just to put on a daily.
Old 08-18-2012, 06:34 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by bumada:7907174
well coilovers still have springs. With you ground controls, you can choose which spring rates you want. I know people that use this set up for the track and have multiple sets of springs that they change out based on the track and conditions. Just sounds like you need something simple though and these might be too much for you just to put on a daily.
Yes i know they have springs. Eibachs to be specific. Which are one of the better riding springs out there. Which is why i was leaning towards the ground control/koni setup. Get a killer ride with the eibachs and still have the option to raise/lower the car.

Quick Reply: Coilover Suggestion