Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Civic Seats

Old 05-06-2011, 04:59 PM
He's like the wind

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC
Default Civic Seats

So I went against all that is wise and holy and bought a Civic to help with gas prices, it's a '99 Civic Si. The stock seats are not designed for large mens and I have no clue what seats will fit in it. I'm looking for a direct or very close bolt in that isn't a brand name, something different like RSX seats or a different Honda/Civic seat that actually has some support and comfort to it, anything along those lines.
Old 05-06-2011, 07:29 PM

nismo nismo nismo nismo nismo nismo nismo nismo nismo nismo nismo
Default Re: Civic Seats

o.my.god

buttsax very soon?
Old 05-06-2011, 07:55 PM
slingshot engage.

dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin'

You should check into 06+ Si seats- I fit in those much more comfortably than the older ones. Whether they bolt in or not its beyond me lol

If you go to Cars and Coffee or anything, your more than welcome to sit in mine and test 'em out.
Old 05-07-2011, 06:02 AM
OCD
miata fag

OCD OCD OCD OCD OCD OCD OCD OCD OCD OCD OCD

If you are a larger guy, the 06+ si seats aren't much of an upgrade in the comfort department. They hug tighter, but I couldn't say they are really much bigger. They definitely don't bolt in, but there are a few people that have put them in the 96-00 chassis.
Old 05-07-2011, 06:09 AM
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous

Stop being a fatass, fatass
Old 05-07-2011, 06:15 AM
Uno Mas

p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone

Originally Posted by OCD
If you are a larger guy...
Lol, maybe just a little bit.
Old 05-07-2011, 11:56 PM
Type-R; Tight Car

The real Ryan has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by MAD_DOHC
So I went against all that is wise and holy and bought a Civic to help with gas prices, it's a '99 Civic Si. The stock seats are not designed for large mens and I have no clue what seats will fit in it. I'm looking for a direct or very close bolt in that isn't a brand name, something different like RSX seats or a different Honda/Civic seat that actually has some support and comfort to it, anything along those lines.
The best seat I can reccomend would be a USDM Integra Type-R seat. They have softer padding in them to compensate for the ITR's increased spring rates, making them much more comfortable and causing you to sink into the seat increasing support over a regular Integra seat. They also are covered with Alacantara so they hold you in place very well and look real nice. 3 of the 4 bolt holes will line up, the other will be about an inch off. It would be simple to fab something up to make the 4th hole bolt down. If you want to sit in mine just let me know. You can usually pick up a good condition set between $400-$600.

That Civic Si you got is a great choice for a DD.

Edit: Also look into Del Sol and S2000 seats. The ITR, Del Sol, and s2000 are all made by Recaro and are great seats. Del Sol's will sit a little lower giving you a bit more head room as well. I have a spare del sol seat in great condition I use as a gaming chair if you are interested in just the one seat. It's a rare fabric and would look decent with the rest of the Si fabric.

This is the fabric I have (Drivers seat only) it only came in the 97' Del sols

Last edited by The real Ryan; 05-08-2011 at 12:04 AM.
Old 05-08-2011, 07:19 AM
TAINT PUNCHER!

Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby

Originally Posted by Lord Humongous
Stop being a fatass, fatass
+1 Fatass.....

Old 05-08-2011, 07:49 AM
Banned

twinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by dyoungin'
You should check into 06+ Si seats- I fit in those much more comfortably than the older ones. Whether they bolt in or not its beyond me lol

If you go to Cars and Coffee or anything, your more than welcome to sit in mine and test 'em out.

im 6'2, ive used alot of diff seats including type r/recaros, nothing was more comfortable then the civic si seats in my cousins 2010 civic.
Old 05-08-2011, 08:00 AM
management

boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom

scion tc leathers..fat guy approved and bolt right in