Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

City Worker :(

Old 11-22-2006, 07:03 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
driveitright has a reputation beyond reputedriveitright has a reputation beyond reputedriveitright has a reputation beyond reputedriveitright has a reputation beyond reputedriveitright has a reputation beyond reputedriveitright has a reputation beyond reputedriveitright has a reputation beyond reputedriveitright has a reputation beyond reputedriveitright has a reputation beyond repute
Default City Worker :(

Owned my car today. I'm driving down Sydenham (a road in my neighborhood) and i'm following an F-150 work truck (city number and tags) and she is carrying about 6 trash cans in the back of the truck. A tiny bag no bigger than 4 inches by 4 inches flys out of the back, and she somehow sees it and slams on her brakes (right in the middle of the road) throws her car in reverse (I notice the reverse lights while the thought in my mind is "Oh shit") and she starts plowing towards me. I slam on my brakes and throw my car in reverse while laying into the horn, by the time i'm in gear she had slammed into my front end. Prior to this happening I was coming straight down Sydenham and she had turned onto it in front of me so she should have been completely aware that I was there, although how she failed to see me when she saw that tiny little bag amazes me. Anyway I'm curious as to what i'm looking at damage wise here's a list of what I have noticed so far:
-Broken headlights and cornerlights (both)
-Broken front bumper
-CF Hood is completley trashed from rocks and scrapage and possibly bent
-Both fenders are bent
-The frame itself is bent (not just the bumper support)
-Oxygen sensor cut a huge gash in my radiator fan
-Second fan is touching my headers
-Front right tire is flat (thinking from some glass that had come out of her truck because it was all over my bumper too)
-Hood scraped the top of my block so i'm not sure if anything else has been touched

I'm sure i've missed some stuff as I haven't had much time to look it over (had to work tonight) but I will have some pictures tommorow and see what some people on here think before the city gets me a quote.. I've heard they are pretty slow about paying up so i'm hoping for the best.
Old 11-22-2006, 07:09 PM
psycho jungle cat

Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift
Default Re: City Worker :(

you live in chesapeake? Thats crazy shit
Old 11-22-2006, 07:11 PM
Registered member

driveitright has a reputation beyond reputedriveitright has a reputation beyond reputedriveitright has a reputation beyond reputedriveitright has a reputation beyond reputedriveitright has a reputation beyond reputedriveitright has a reputation beyond reputedriveitright has a reputation beyond reputedriveitright has a reputation beyond reputedriveitright has a reputation beyond repute

Yea I do... talk about a shitty way to start of my thanksgiving break.. If I can even call it that. I'm working everyday this week and my family will be out of town to have Thanksgiving with relatives.
Old 11-22-2006, 08:09 PM
Registered member

catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh

i live 30 seconds from sydenham, that sucks man
Old 11-22-2006, 08:20 PM
Registered Member

bonestock94 has disabled reputation

What kinda car you got, insurance might total it out :l

Did you make a police report and talk to your insurance?
Old 11-22-2006, 08:20 PM
±RepLegion

92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20

That sucks man, insurance is covering this right?
Old 11-23-2006, 01:08 AM
Registered member

Originally Posted by Overkill
What kinda car you got, insurance might total it out :l

Did you make a police report and talk to your insurance?
95 civic ex with 160k miles on the body (65k on motor but no proof to that)

Originally Posted by 92_SR20
That sucks man, insurance is covering this right?
The city better be paying up, we'll see what happens.
Old 11-23-2006, 06:35 AM
Clean Freak.

Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean

Originally Posted by catfSSh
i used to live 30 seconds from sydenham, that sucks man
Old 11-23-2006, 07:08 AM
I hate soccermoms

v8Buster has disabled reputation

95 civic, totalled.
Old 11-23-2006, 07:12 AM
He's like the wind

MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC

Originally Posted by driveitright
The city better be paying up, we'll see what happens.

Did you get a police report? I sure hope you did. Have you called your insurance to let them know? Let the insurance company fight the city, not you. For one that's what you pay them for and two, the city won't do shit for you.

Quick Reply: City Worker :(