Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Chevy Cruze vs Ford Focus

Old 10-22-2011, 04:33 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask
Default Chevy Cruze vs Ford Focus

Looking for a daily beater to hold on to for a while. Getting something new. Daily commute is ~40 miles each way so good fuel economy is a must. I've test driven both and am fairly torn on which. Cruze interior is good (for a cheaper car) and with the turbo 1.4 gets ~45mpg. The focus has a decent interior and gets around 40mpg. Anyone have any issues/recommendations of either?

Cheers,
Old 10-22-2011, 04:55 PM
nortaP

Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded
Default Re: Chevy Cruze vs Ford Focus

I'd rather have the Focus hatch
Old 10-22-2011, 04:57 PM
Registered Member

Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy.

I've never driven a cruse, but a lot of the new Chevys I don't like. Lots of road noise inside the car, then even though the interior looks nice it's cheap.
Old 10-22-2011, 05:05 PM
Havoc

Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong

Go with the ford its been around longer so Ford has def refined it more with every new generation. There's a kid on the forum selling the one he won for like 15k or 14.
Old 10-22-2011, 06:30 PM
nortaP

Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded

Originally Posted by Sun Wukong
Go with the ford its been around longer so Ford has def refined it more with every new generation. There's a kid on the forum selling the one he won for like 15k or 14.
That was a Fiesta

Also the current Ford Focus has little to do with the model sold in the US prior.

The US focus was basically unchanged aside from sheet metal.

Where the car went through significant redesigns in Europe. The Volvo C30 and the previous generation UK spec Focus share the same platform.

It’s part of Ford’s strategy to sell the same cars in all markets.

Other changes on the horizon, the US Ford Escape will be the European Ford Kuga in 2013, as well as the current North American Fusion being phased out in favor of the global Mondeo.
Old 10-22-2011, 07:27 PM
Registered member

Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol

Jetta TDI? Diesel for gas mileage...wut
Old 10-22-2011, 07:58 PM
slingshot engage.

dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin' dyoungin'

^This.

My dad just bought a 2009 TDI Cup Edition Jetta- it gets around 45-50mpg and like 650 miles or more to a tank.
Old 10-22-2011, 08:31 PM
Registered member

RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask

Thought about the TDI but two things;

1.) Availability - No dealers stock new TDI's.

2.) Price premium - I'm all about diesels but they make little sense when you can get a gas making the same hp (less tq) and getting the same mpg.
Old 10-22-2011, 09:46 PM
Havoc

Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong

Hmmm that was the ffiesta lol
Old 10-23-2011, 07:29 AM
Registered member

Test drove the fiesta - car was an absolute piece of shit. Only car worse was the Nissan Versa. There's inexpensive and there's cheap. Those cars are the latter.

I'm gonna check out Focus again, I have the image of previous generation focus's in my mind (garbage).

Reloaded - I'm a little confused in what you said; So is the current focus (2012) significantly different than the older ones?