Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Chesapeake Traffic Stop

Old 05-23-2006, 05:03 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DC97Cobra is a name known to allDC97Cobra is a name known to allDC97Cobra is a name known to allDC97Cobra is a name known to allDC97Cobra is a name known to allDC97Cobra is a name known to all
Default Chesapeake Traffic Stop

Chesapeake Police had a field day over on George Washington Hwy and Cedar Rd today. Anyone end up running through that mess? They got me for "failure to display front tag".

It didn't bother me so much about getting the ticket but more so that they were making a congested area even worse. Traffic is normally crappy whether you go north on US 17 from Deep Creek or if you travel north on George Washington Hwy S. If it wasn't for considerate drivers leaving the neighborhoods on Cedar Rd., those that are trying to get to I-64 via G.W. Hwy S. would never make it through there in a reasonable amount of time! As it stands, it can take as little as 5 minutes to as much as an hour just sitting in traffic all due to people trying to make ONE left turn!

There is no way to escape it either! You can try US 17 but the geniuses that decided to widen the highway didn't think to spend money on widening the bridge first and then widen from the highway south. Instead, they made it easier for traffic to pile up faster at the drawbridge.

It's pretty nice out this way but is growing quickly in my area as well as the NC area just south of VA. Chesapeake and other Virginia cities are crying over how many people are moving out of the state. Maybe they should evaluate their actions and start thinking a little bit smarter with how they run their cities.

Rant over.. feeling a lil bit better.. need coffee now.
Old 05-23-2006, 05:07 AM
He's like the wind

MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC
Default Re: Chesapeake Traffic Stop

That's the good ol' Commonwealth for you. I tried to move down to NC, but the wifey wasn't trying to have that.
Old 05-23-2006, 07:07 AM
i got 5 on it

themacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these parts

hey, how about you stop breaking the low, then making threads showing the community how ignorant you are?
Old 05-23-2006, 07:33 AM
its not a trans am..

99formulam6 99formulam6 99formulam6 99formulam6 99formulam6 99formulam6 99formulam6 99formulam6 99formulam6 99formulam6 99formulam6

he wasn't complaining about the ticket.
Old 05-23-2006, 07:43 AM
dru
GUIBO!?

dru dru dru dru dru dru dru dru dru dru dru

Bahahaha. I hate that damn left turn (if you're talking about the one with the mexican rest on teh left and foodlion on the right). I live out sawyer's mill so I had to make that turn everyday when I was in high school. It was a pain in the ass.
Old 05-23-2006, 08:35 AM
Registered Member

DC97Cobra is a name known to allDC97Cobra is a name known to allDC97Cobra is a name known to allDC97Cobra is a name known to allDC97Cobra is a name known to allDC97Cobra is a name known to all

Originally Posted by spic
hey, how about you stop breaking the low, then making threads showing the community how ignorant you are?
umm.. try reading before making ignorant comments. I don't know about breaking the "low" but I know I was breaking the "law". I plan on breaking that law for a few more months as well until I'm back in Florida. This is the first time I've been pulled over for specifically the plate. It was my fault for at least not having it in the front windshield. If it was where I normally put it, I probably wouldn't have had a problem.

The problem that I was having with the situation is that they are wasting other peoples time with making it more difficult to get through that area. Instead of trying to relieve congested traffic, they were encouraging it. If people were speeding, or there were a number of accidents that are constantly happening in that area, I could then understand. The fact is that you can't really go faster than 25mph until you get about 100 yards away from I-64 and is very rare for an accident to take place. All they could have been writing people up for is nonmoving violation tickets(no front plate, expired inspection sticker, burned out light bulb, etc). Traffic just doesn't move fast enough for them to warrant writing tickets.

Now if they were to go a couple miles south on George Washington Hwy S., they would have hit the jackpot of reckless driving tickets. People do an average of 75+mph in a 55mph zone and cross the 90+mph when passing every morning. Poeple also become impatient and cross the double yellow to pass as well. They would have done the community some good by getting people to slow down on that road and helped that intersection at the same time with not creating more confusion in an already tense area.

Last edited by DC97Cobra; 05-23-2006 at 08:38 AM.
Old 05-23-2006, 08:36 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by dru
Bahahaha. I hate that damn left turn (if you're talking about the one with the mexican rest on teh left and foodlion on the right). I live out sawyer's mill so I had to make that turn everyday when I was in high school. It was a pain in the ass.
Yup! thats the one! I doin't see it getting any better any time soon either.
Old 05-23-2006, 07:40 PM
Registered Member

98formulaLS1 will become famous soon enough

SUCKS! man i'm glad that wasnt me! lol
Old 05-23-2006, 08:21 PM
Sav
seriously...

Sav Sav Sav Sav Sav Sav Sav Sav Sav Sav Sav

whats this i keep hearing about commonwealth when it comes to traffic tickets....the commonwealth we live in is harsher than a normal states traffic tickets>? or cops? am i missing something.
Old 05-23-2006, 08:39 PM
+1

goinWOT has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by spic
I think his post was pretty damn good.

The only ignorance here resides in your post you fag. So much for positive contribution these days. Its all about putting people down and trying to make yourself look cool.

and yes i know "typical dragva"

Quick Reply: Chesapeake Traffic Stop