Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Cheapest Insurance Rates

Old 04-20-2011, 03:05 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bgibarisax2011 has disabled reputation
Default Cheapest Insurance Rates

I'm having trouble finding cost-effective insurance. I have my grandma's 01 Echo after nature took my old car. I have a crappy record and I'm only 18 because in both my accidents i hit "respectable members of the community," so it was heir word against mine. I can't ind any insurance for under 1400 dollars for 6 months. Any suggestions? State Farm, Farm Bureau, and Geico say I'm uninsurable, and I can't afford to pay such high prices while paying my way through school. Help is greatly appreciated.
Old 04-20-2011, 03:08 PM
######

L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K
Default Re: Cheapest Insurance Rates

You should call them and get a quote..

Statefarm has always been good to me. I have full coverage on a 07 Ram 1500 and a 04 Tiburon and pay $130 a month.
Old 04-20-2011, 03:24 PM
Registered Member

bgibarisax2011 has disabled reputation

I went to get a quote and they say they can't insure me, not even on my parents policy at state farm or my dads business at Farm Bureau. Currently I'll have a local company at 185 down and 210 a month for a fucking Echo on just liability.
Old 04-20-2011, 03:24 PM
yaaat.

ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington

Don't go with the big companies. Google "cheap car insurance". You do, however, get what you pay for.
Old 04-20-2011, 03:29 PM
Registered Member

SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie

http://www.thegeneral.com/

haha... You are just going to have to pay high rates and become established, its the way of life. You are 18 with no established credit history (more than a few years to base payment history on) and a short and less than desirable driving record. After you establish a relationship with a company and show the ability to pay on time your policy should become cheaper (first year on your own policy is usually the most expensive).
Old 04-20-2011, 04:00 PM
fuckin smart

Mortal_Meerkat Mortal_Meerkat Mortal_Meerkat Mortal_Meerkat Mortal_Meerkat Mortal_Meerkat Mortal_Meerkat Mortal_Meerkat Mortal_Meerkat Mortal_Meerkat Mortal_Meerkat

i have state farm and theyve been great to me so far. i mean they did drop a friend of my parents because he hadnt had an accident in 25 years and was "due for an accident," but idgaf
Old 04-20-2011, 08:48 PM
herpin and derpin

cbradio cbradio cbradio cbradio cbradio cbradio cbradio cbradio cbradio cbradio cbradio

I have USAA. Shit is amazing, but usually you have to be military/dependent of military/or some other way in. Because my dad was in the military, I can have it, and my kids can have it.

No clue if you can get it, but it doesnt hurt to try.
Old 04-21-2011, 03:27 AM
Registered Member

Soon2BeStangin is a splendid one to beholdSoon2BeStangin is a splendid one to beholdSoon2BeStangin is a splendid one to beholdSoon2BeStangin is a splendid one to beholdSoon2BeStangin is a splendid one to beholdSoon2BeStangin is a splendid one to beholdSoon2BeStangin is a splendid one to behold

USAA is a good bet if you have any military connections. However I'm military and I use Geico, $94 a month for full coverage on my '04 Z06
Old 04-21-2011, 04:57 AM
S a D u B

JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW

State farm
$25/mo for my bike
$70/mo for my corvette
and $15-$20 for my civic (liability)
Old 04-21-2011, 07:36 AM
giggity

RCE EATR RCE EATR RCE EATR RCE EATR RCE EATR RCE EATR RCE EATR RCE EATR RCE EATR RCE EATR RCE EATR

OP you have a PM.

Last edited by RCE EATR; 05-04-2011 at 06:35 AM.

Quick Reply: Cheapest Insurance Rates