Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Cash for Clunkers

Old 08-23-2009, 06:37 PM
vaginadriven.com

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch
Default Cash for Clunkers

This is one program that pisses me off! A friend and I were watching some videos on youtube and ran across the "Cash for Clunkers" videos which shows how these cars are disposed of. Basically the motor has all the oil drained out and a mixture of water and liquid glass is then put in. The car is started and run at a high RPM level until the engine locks up. I was shocked to see some of the vehicles that were ruined this way... I'm talking some super nice cars! Why not send them to the auction?? Even if they were sent to the salvage yard, at least they could be used for parts or give them to low income families that don't have reliable transportation. This program is definitely not destroying "clunkers," its also destroying some REALLY nice cars that could be utilized for a lot of other purposes. It really blows my mind the shit that the government blows our money on.
Old 08-23-2009, 06:43 PM
Registered Member

junction has disabled reputation
Default Re: Cash for Clunkers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zf1cL...eature=related
Old 08-23-2009, 06:44 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

a freind that owns a junkyard has a 05 mercury mariner with 35000 miles that was traded in for cash for clunkers
Old 08-23-2009, 06:44 PM
Do You Want More?

Hondas_Only Hondas_Only Hondas_Only Hondas_Only Hondas_Only Hondas_Only

i see your point, but unfortunately sending the cars to auction would be opposite of what C4C is all about.

the program is just dumb. and the concept behind it is wasting more than its helping. but hey... maybe in 40 years we will see the benefit so thats good enough right?
Old 08-23-2009, 06:45 PM
Registered Member

MVaughn is on a distinguished road

When have you ever seen the government step in and do something the right way???
Old 08-23-2009, 06:48 PM
psn u sdwyz n slo ln

slowz06 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by DSMSherie
Why not send them to the auction?? Even if they were sent to the salvage yard, at least they could be used for parts or give them to low income families that don't have reliable transportation.
This exact idea has been pitched in the senate by the republicans but was everything made a mockery of by the democrats. I don't see how this idea does not make sense to some... it's no secret that there are a few dumb asses in DC. That being said.. that's not the only problem with this program, there are tons of dealerships that are owed big money (in the 100k's) by the government and they aren't sure when they will be receiving a check. It just doesn't seem like they planned this program out well enough for it to be 'good' all the way around. I was at Joe Bowman the other day talking to a guy while I was waiting on my car and he showed me a few vehicles that were 'clunkers' and had already had their engines blown, etc... one of these included a (imo) nice cadillac and also a late 90s explorer with 80k original miles on the clock. Cars that could definitely be used again by the less fortunate or at least for parts.
Old 08-23-2009, 06:54 PM
Function > Form

6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY

I vote they send all the vehicles to country's that can pay to have them transported to them.

FREE CARS, PAY FOR SHIPPING.

seems reasonable enough...
Old 08-23-2009, 06:54 PM
Drives a Mustang

TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6

yeah, the used parts people are going ape shit over all the cars being ruined by this.
Old 08-23-2009, 07:04 PM
Žegistered Member

CRANKWALK CRANKWALK CRANKWALK CRANKWALK CRANKWALK CRANKWALK CRANKWALK CRANKWALK CRANKWALK CRANKWALK CRANKWALK

i was thinking they could send some of the clunkers to the foreign countries we owe money to, and try to settle some of that debt.
Old 08-23-2009, 07:09 PM
vaginadriven.com

Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch

Originally Posted by Hondas_Only
i see your point, but unfortunately sending the cars to auction would be opposite of what C4C is all about.

the program is just dumb. and the concept behind it is wasting more than its helping. but hey... maybe in 40 years we will see the benefit so thats good enough right?
Ok... I see maybe not sending them to auction... but I happen to like my "clunker" and sometimes I need parts. Damn... at least send them to the salvage yard to be stripped and utilized in some sort of useful way. I am ashamed to say that I voted for Obama because I did not support the Bush administration and Sarah Palin in my opinion was a freaking moron. Honestly I felt like I was voting for the lesser of 2 evils, but now I question my judgment. What ever happened to bringing our troops home?? Oh thats right... its more important to destroy perfectly good cars and shove a health care plan down my throat that I don't want! We go from one shitty president to another. I really hope there is someone worth voting for next time!

Quick Reply: Cash for Clunkers