Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

carports?

Old 09-25-2003, 03:20 PM
What FMIC?????

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MKNTRAXX MKNTRAXX MKNTRAXX MKNTRAXX MKNTRAXX
Default carports?

Anyone have one? How nice is it?

Looking to get a carport to help keep the car a little cleaner at home and not worry about the car getting crap on it from the trees around or having stuff fall in it when i take the top off.

I do have a garage but other project won't allow me to use space for storing my car. Hope to have the garage open for the car before it snows but should this project take longer I'll need to know the car will be safe under the carport should it snow.

Anyone have any ideas or experiances.?
Old 09-25-2003, 07:43 PM
Patron

ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz

I have two at my house. My dad bought them off S. Military Hwy. by Deep Creek Blvd., I'm not sure if the guy went out of business cause I know he was about to. They were both "$595 Installed" but the one in our backyard ran us more because my dad had it made higher so his boat and motor home would fit underneath it. Hope that helps. I believe Auto Express (I think that's the name of it) on Military Hwy. right after Indian River Road (if your heading to Chesapeake has them too).

Not 100% positive, but hope that helps a little.
Old 09-26-2003, 01:40 PM
What FMIC?????

MKNTRAXX MKNTRAXX MKNTRAXX MKNTRAXX MKNTRAXX

Just wondering if they are strong enough to handle most weather.. Plan to anchor it to a concrete pad..
Old 09-26-2003, 07:26 PM
Patron

ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz

ours made it through the hurricane without a problem. the big one is held down w/ concrete in each corner and the other is held down w/ green poles (with little hooks on the side to catch the dirt) usually used for fences.
Old 09-26-2003, 08:10 PM
It has 4 Doors...

Whtehnda93DXSdn is an unknown quantity at this point

I haven't heard a complaint about one of those form anyone I know that has one. I seem to see them everywhere now adays.

If you use crete pads you will definitely be safe..there is a couple of places here around the burg w/ them for sale at decent prices if my memory serves me right...