Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Carbon fiber NIGHTMARE! help!?

Old 12-23-2005, 07:45 AM
Talon Tsi AWD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Denji has disabled reputation
Default Carbon fiber NIGHTMARE! help!?

Hey guys, Here is what happened. On december 1st i ordered an oem carbon hood from www.prostreetonline.com for my friend from my family for christmas, they told me that this hood was in stock and would ship out the next day. Well, this didnt happen, i called at least once every week and was told it had been shipped out every time. Well after about 5 calls and 5 different ship dates monday the 19th rolls around and i call and ask "okay seriously where is this hood"? The guy there was pretty nice and investigated for my what happened and told me that the hood that was apparently in stock december 1st never was in stock! in fact that it still isnt in stock?! I was informed that VIS racing had been telling prostreetonline that it was shipped and in stock etc., while obviously this was not the case. Personally, i as far as i am concerned im dealing with prostreetonline, not their distributors so i ask to speak to a manager.

Well, i was upset to say the least, so i spoke with the manager and asked that i 1. either get a hood by christmas or 2. get a refund on some of the shipping for the inconvenience of not being able to give my friend this hood on christmas. The manager i spoke to informed me that they had a seibon hood in stock and they could ship this 2 day mail to a business address, which i accepted, and it was shipped.

Unfortunately the story gets worse, yesterday i receieved the carbon fiber hood shipped to my moms hair salon in the parking lot outside of the mall near my house. Looking at the package it seemed a little roughed up, but the bubble wrap appeared to be intact. I really wanted to give this hood to my friend for christmas after all i had gone through, i had intended on putting it on his car in the middle of the night christmas eve for a big shocker when he woke up and went outside!

Sadly, when i opened the hood at home, it looked like someone had tried to have at my friends carbon hood with a samurai sword, there was a gash trhough the box, through the bubble wrap and into the clearcoat of the hood, leaving a HEFTY scratch. Prostreetonline is closed for the holidays, ups is giving me the runaround saying since i signed for it they cant to anything about it. I saved at my crappy college job all year to get this hood for my friend! What should I do?!

I never thought getting a hood would be such a nightmare! All i wanted was to surprise my friend with this hood, and so far it has been all for nothing.
Old 12-23-2005, 07:50 AM
you suck, i know it

(F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-)
Default Re: Carbon fiber NIGHTMARE! help!?

thats to bad, seibon is some nice ass shit.
its what i have
Old 12-23-2005, 08:03 AM
Double Agent HT

ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL

I always make the damn ups guy wait while I open it. If he doesnt like it, I dont sign.
Old 12-23-2005, 08:07 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

If you can't get the hood replaced or whatever, get the scratch filled and feathered out (as long as it's not down to the carbon) and get the hood clearcoated. It should totally disappear..
Old 12-23-2005, 08:08 AM
9 grand safely...

Inprov is an unknown quantity at this point

Shit, if I was your friend, I would want you to tell me the whole story and that you would just have to give me my present later. I would be happy as shit still and get a laugh too...
Old 12-23-2005, 08:28 AM
Talon Tsi AWD

Originally Posted by Illegal
I always make the damn ups guy wait while I open it. If he doesnt like it, I dont sign.
I should have done that, i dont know, i was pumped so i signed, i didnt know signing it meant that i accepted it how it was, they never said anything about that, i though i was just signing that i had received it.
Old 12-23-2005, 08:28 AM
Talon Tsi AWD

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
If you can't get the hood replaced or whatever, get the scratch filled and feathered out (as long as it's not down to the carbon) and get the hood clearcoated. It should totally disappear..
Yeah, i could do that, but i already paid 500 for the hood shipped to my door, it kinda sucks that more must be spent on this.
Old 12-23-2005, 08:29 AM
Talon Tsi AWD

Originally Posted by ItsAmethyst
Shit, if I was your friend, I would want you to tell me the whole story and that you would just have to give me my present later. I would be happy as shit still and get a laugh too...
exactly what happened.. weve been making jokes about it all day. I still cant believe it.
Old 12-23-2005, 08:30 AM
Banned

dogg4217 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
I agree with him....also instead of putting it on the car leave it in the packaging box and wrap it up for your friend..let him open it up get the big suprise and then tell him the troubles you went through and that it prolly will have to go back for a new one...he should understand....you pay all that money you should get something that is perfect not some junk they had in the corner collecting dust. This is my own $.02
Old 12-24-2005, 07:29 PM
I'm Herpes Free!!

turbo98 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo98 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo98 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo98 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo98 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo98 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo98 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo98 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo98 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo98 has a reputation beyond repute

I take it this is for max?

Quick Reply: Carbon fiber NIGHTMARE! help!?