Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Car wax, soap, detailing products

Old 05-26-2013, 09:51 AM
Flatulence

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov
Default Re: Car wax, soap, detailing products

Rick, I have used the meguiars clay bar kit, and it is the shit. Takes a good amount of time to clay bar a vehicle, but the results are amazing afterwards. I need to clay bar my moms car since she doesn't really care for washing it. Bothers the hell out of me.
Old 05-26-2013, 11:33 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

I just got some of that Meguiars White wax for the girl's car because it made me curious. The paint needs some help and I should probably use some other products first, but we'll see what happens because it just needs some protection the most. Fucking Colorado is the great destroyer of vehicles. South Carolina was much hotter, but Colorado devours paint will UV damage.
Old 05-26-2013, 11:46 AM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

Originally Posted by PicovAndropov
Rick, I have used the meguiars clay bar kit, and it is the shit. Takes a good amount of time to clay bar a vehicle, but the results are amazing afterwards. I need to clay bar my moms car since she doesn't really care for washing it. Bothers the hell out of me.
Buy some iron-x. It will cut your clay bar time in half.
Old 05-26-2013, 11:50 AM
Unregistered Member

Travis. Travis. Travis. Travis. Travis. Travis. Travis. Travis. Travis. Travis. Travis.

Originally Posted by PicovAndropov
Anyone tried the turtle wax ice wax? Saw it in autozone yesterday for 18 bucks. Kind of pricey. Wanted to know if its any good or is it a bag of dicks?
never turtle wax on anything. never armor all either. bleh.
Old 05-26-2013, 12:42 PM
Now drives a SWagon

Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi

Originally Posted by Lay Zee H
I swear by Griot's Garage products, personally.
I liked the free Griots I received at auto zone,but idk if I would pay for it. You have to put a fair amount of ass behind it to get it off.
Originally Posted by Travis.

never turtle wax on anything. never armor all either. bleh.
This
Old 05-26-2013, 02:57 PM
Flatulence

PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov

Purchase some meguiars deep crystal car wash. It's a purple bottle with about a gallon of car wash. Used it today and it works great in my opinion. A lot of bubbles and it leaves a thick layer of foam over the car(which I like), also smells good. With the price of 5 dollars a bottle, I would recommend it
Old 05-26-2013, 04:13 PM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

Same stuff i use. Cheap. Does what soap is supposed to do, but its safe to use on wax. Doesn't strip the wax or sealer off. Too many people use dawn or dish soap beetween waxings. I only use harsh soaps right before a detail to try and get the old stuff off.
Old 05-26-2013, 04:50 PM
Now drives a SWagon

Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi

My apartment complex is right next to a touch free car wash and I get 4 free washes a month as part of my lease. It's great. So I go through there, drive the 2 minuets back to my place and continue to detail
Old 05-26-2013, 05:53 PM
Type-R; Tight Car

The real Ryan has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Lay Zee H
I swear by Griot's Garage products, personally.
I have the main store about 30 minutes away from me. I just put $4,000 worth of paint on my car and am waiting for the 90 days to be up and will be getting their full kit to rebuff and polish the car before it's first coat of wax. Super awesome quality products

http://www.griotsgarage.com/category/about+us/tacoma.do
Old 05-26-2013, 06:52 PM
NUMBER4

fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish

I swear by Adam's stuff. Their QD and In and Out spray were sent from heaven.

I seriously need to invest in an orbital. Thankfully, none of the paint on any of my vehicles need serious paint correction, but I hate polishing by hand.

Quick Reply: Car wax, soap, detailing products