Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

car restoration recommendations

Old 03-18-2006, 07:45 PM
VIP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these parts
Default car restoration recommendations

sorry for the long post

my dad owns a 1970 dodge charger. he is the original owner and bought it from the showroom floor back in 1971. the car still has the original 318 engine. it was in immaculate shape until the early 90's. its been through several accidents. he took it to several shops and it was even sent out of state to get the whole rear end worked on. during that time it was being worked on parts got stolen, dogdish hubcaps, rims, badges, even taillights lol. over the years the the outer shell has developed rust and cancer spots and the paint is fading, vinyl top is peeling water leakin under dash. he said fuk it and now he's filling spots and holes with putty and caulking. i think he only changed the leaf springs once since the accident. i told him why not just restore it. so he told me to find a place and he would consider restoring everything back to original specs. is there any specialty shops around this area(virginia/dc area) that might be able to help out in doing this? any help would be much appreciated. thanks in advance

-alex

Last edited by LSPinoy; 03-18-2006 at 07:48 PM.
Old 03-18-2006, 08:54 PM
Fighterer

Abysalone will become famous soon enough
Default Re: car restoration recommendations

There's a place down 168 in NC that does alot of older cars. About 5 min past state line on the left. I cant think of the name right now but the do lots of older cars.
Old 03-18-2006, 09:39 PM
Desolation

Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch
Default Re: car restoration recommendations

There is a place on the Southside of Richmond that I've seen a couple commercials for, if I heard the name I'd know what it was.
Paradise something or other...