Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Car Audio Guru's - Help Needed

Old 05-12-2010, 09:40 PM
-8th Day Clothing-

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck
Default Car Audio Guru's - Help Needed

Before I even begin, im rather behind on technology .... please be patient with me and my ignorance.

Im looking for a stereo for the new truck. Heres what I would like to have ..

-Double Din (I dont like the flip out style)
- Touch Screen
-Navigation
-AV inputs (To add reverse camera)
-Bluetooth (For hands free calling)

Now heres where my ignorance shows

If I buy a stereo without navigation, can I use the bluetooth on my phone to pull up navigation on a AUX channel?

I have a PRE, and have navigation on my phone, and seems navigation is a pretty expensive option when looking at these. Also would like to use the bluetooth to play the music off my phone.

Does bluetooth do all of this? Transfering the songs to an iPod isnt an issue I can go that route if need be .... just would really not like to go over $600 on all this, and it seems like units with Navigation are damn near double.

CONS of the navigation on the PRE
-Its small (compared to a 6" screen)
-it really kills the battery on the phone (yes I can have it on the charger the whole time but the phone over heats and shuts off if navigation is on to long) and yes I know I could get a dif phone but not until im up for an upgrade cause this works just fine until then.

NOW also looking for someone reputable to put this in for me, so suggestions would be great as well. (Yes I can walk in Best Buy/GO HO, but id rather give buisness to someone on here first, as long as they are a complete tard)

Appreciate the help fellers
Old 05-12-2010, 10:48 PM
Banned

White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil
Default Re: Car Audio Guru's - Help Needed

http://www.eclipse-web.com/us/index.html

I keep hearing good stuff about these units. They arent as costly as others and have tons of features, but I havent tried them yet cuz I drive a POS Ford junker. Ive been looking at them for some time though.

Wish I could help on the other stuff.

EDIT: Bluetooth CAN xfer music through to the radio, but it has to be supported as a straight audio device to do it, meaning that it has to support the audio xfer feature THRU Bluetooth for it to work right. Its not enough to just have Bluetooth.
Old 05-13-2010, 03:10 AM
Registered Member

IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN
Default Re: Car Audio Guru's - Help Needed

This

I had the 6120 in my old truck and loved it. BT was not included in mine but it is on the new models. I was able to stream Pandora from my Blackberry to the headunit with a BT adapter. The Garmin interface is arguably the best GPS interface available.

You can also get a slightly larger screen that puts the cd slot behind the display and loses the volume control knob for a bit more money, but I preferred this.