Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

car accident question

Old 01-07-2012, 07:47 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
experthondakid has disabled reputation
Default car accident question

i recently was in a car accident about 3 weeks ago, i have progressive and they already said its 100percent the other guys falut, the other guy has state farm but everytime i talk to them they just keep coming up with some bs excuse like the police report wasnt processed yet when its been for like 2weeks, my civic has about 1300 dollars worth of damages needs a hood,core support,passenger headlight assembly. last time state farm called me they said they are still waiting for the police report its my first accident ever. and the cop that showed up on seen said i had the right away. what do you guys think i should do to speed things up if anything?
Old 01-07-2012, 07:53 PM
C.R.E.A.M

DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM
Default Re: car accident question

Originally Posted by experthondakid
i recently was in a car accident about 3 weeks ago, i have progressive and they already said its 100percent the other guys falut, the other guy has state farm but everytime i talk to them they just keep coming up with some bs excuse like the police report wasnt processed yet when its been for like 2weeks, my civic has about 1300 dollars worth of damages needs a hood,core support,passenger headlight assembly. last time state farm called me they said they are still waiting for the police report its my first accident ever. and the cop that showed up on seen said i had the right away. what do you guys think i should do to speed things up if anything?
First thing is get a lawyer, pay them and let them handle the bullshit.

You just pay them, say you got back problems, emotional distress, can't work and sue the fuck out the other guy..Then blow the money on drugs and whores

/topic
Old 01-07-2012, 08:19 PM
RIP DRAGVA-2016

NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch

Originally Posted by experthondakid
Get your insurance company involved....your company puts pressure on his company and they move along faster, but some insurance companies require the police report on file before they make a decision.......

BUT you should have a rental and they should be paying for it so just wait it out
Old 01-07-2012, 09:13 PM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired

2 weeks is not that long when you consider that the insurance company's hands are tied until the police report is filed, processed, and sent to them. They can't just take your word that it was their driver's fault without seeing documentation. This is State Farm, not Joe's Auto Insurance and Delicatessen down the street, so the probability that they are lying to you to avoid handling your claim seems....... unlikely. Call the police station where the police report was filed just to verify its status. Also as was mentioned, before you do anything else, give your insurance agent a call for fuck's sake, they're the experts and handle this shit on a daily basis. I've got State Farm and my local agent walked me through everything when I had my accident right over the phone.
Old 01-08-2012, 02:47 AM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

You pay your insurance company for coverage. This is part of the coverage. Let them do the job for which you are paying them.
Old 01-08-2012, 03:13 AM
Registered Member

IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN

Don't hire a lawyer, that's what your insurance is for. File a claim through your insurance and pay the deductible. Your insurance company will fight with the other driver's insurance and when they get their money back, your deductible will be refunded to you.

Or just wait for the other guy's insurance to go through their procedures.
Old 01-08-2012, 04:28 AM
Fitty Tuckin

-JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB-

take donuts to the pd so they can file a report faster.
Old 01-08-2012, 04:40 PM
Registered member

RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask

Originally Posted by Digital4N6
You pay your insurance company for coverage. This is part of the coverage. Let them do the job for which you are paying them.
Actually, only for full coverage. If it was liability on his car, he's kinda at the mercy of the other insurance company.

OP, if you have full coverage, just file through your company. It will save so much headache as your company will make the car right, his just wants to spend the minimum for you to go away. You'll have to pay the deductible OOP, but you'll get reimbursed. (Your insurance will go after the other parties)
Old 01-08-2012, 06:38 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

It is a "scene", and you had the "right of way". Please, please act like you actually got a grade school education. I'm saying this for your own good...
Old 01-08-2012, 06:58 PM
Flatulence

PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov

inb4caristotaled

Quick Reply: car accident question