Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

can someone vouch for this car/owner...??

Old 07-15-2003, 07:16 PM
Smart Dumb cats

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SHUT UP has a reputation beyond reputeSHUT UP has a reputation beyond reputeSHUT UP has a reputation beyond reputeSHUT UP has a reputation beyond reputeSHUT UP has a reputation beyond reputeSHUT UP has a reputation beyond reputeSHUT UP has a reputation beyond reputeSHUT UP has a reputation beyond reputeSHUT UP has a reputation beyond reputeSHUT UP has a reputation beyond reputeSHUT UP has a reputation beyond repute

why would you want an LS gear or tranny? You still go by the saying "LS tranny is better for turbo because of the longer gears"

right?
Old 07-15-2003, 07:51 PM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

when shad was running 10's he was using the ls tranny and it was slowing him down, he told me his shit is custom now with ratios i cant remember at all, staying in gear longer doesnt automatically make it better, especially when your going 135 mph in the 1/4 mile in 10 seconds, staying in 4th gear for 5 seconds of that when you could be in 5th or so at a higher rpm and ultimately a higher speed trying to max out your speed capability ending up in a most likely faster time.......but well let tony decide on that........
Old 07-16-2003, 03:33 AM
HHIC

Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite

Yeah the "custom" gears Shad's using are a combo of stock and LS gears, I think it's the same setup Terry's using.

SHUT UP, I'm not going by the "better for turbo because of the longer gears" thing. I've never thought that way. A shorter gear will ALWAYS make for a harder accelerating car. I just though that with the MPH some of these guys are turning at the end of the 1/4 eliminating one shift at the end might make up for the slightly taller gear. For instance, if your hitting the rev limiter in 4th right before the finish which means you have to shift, couldn't that actually slow you down a little bit compared to having a slightly taller gear and not having to shift? I wish somebody with big power and a custom gear box would chime in here.
Old 07-16-2003, 04:01 AM
Awesome.

MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E

Originally posted by VTECnology
I wish somebody with big power and a custom gear box would chime in here.
Well...since you asked....
Old 07-16-2003, 04:37 AM
why5oh

jeff s jeff s jeff s jeff s jeff s jeff s

Originally posted by SignfcntOthr
Well...since you asked....
*giggle*
Old 07-16-2003, 07:57 AM
My President's black

MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait

yeah im currently looking for a b16 tranny, i wouldnt mind having a gsr tranny but money is kind of tight right now.

and no integration i havent ran the car, because i havent finished, but all the parts are ordered and im waiting for them to get here so i can do dyno and get a quick run in. The motor has been babied ever since i got it...i change the oil every 2 weeks...you can ask my wife on that one..cause i want a clean motor inside. The reason it has taken me so long is cause i have other things..like a wife and a kid so cant spend loot like i used to..lol...

as for the LS tranny, when i was first putting my car together i was a member on honda-tech..(B18cr-nva) and did alot of searching..if you go in the forced induction forum its a big debate on which tranny to run, if i had to do it all over again i would get a b16 tranny. i always thought longer gears in boost would be better, but now i rather accelerate faster, but its to late now.

the motor used to be in Shads hatch which ran 10s..the only difference is instead of a typeR block we used my gsr block. car runs good as shit and no problems.
Old 07-16-2003, 02:41 PM

integration is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey MI4, you get on honda-tech lately? I imed you a couple days ago with a couple questions about the car, thanks...
Old 07-16-2003, 08:34 PM
My President's black

MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait

yeah i answered your questions .
Old 07-16-2003, 08:46 PM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

Originally posted by VTECnology
. For instance, if your hitting the rev limiter in 4th right before the finish .

i am shifting into 5th gear at the end of the 1/4 mile if i get a good run, and im at like 6750 rpm or hitting revlimit if i dont get the best that i possibly can and im going an average of 108 mph, most people like shad and terry are prolly hitting top of 5th in the quarter, that would have to be one hell of a tall 4th gear and really high revving motor to stay in it that long, i can understand what your saying though.......shit, they need to make a 2 gear manual tranny, just make it long as fuck, cut out all the damn shifting, haha.......
Old 07-16-2003, 08:53 PM
Registered Member

MI4LUDE01 is an unknown quantity at this point

tony are you trying to sell your car????

Quick Reply: can someone vouch for this car/owner...??