Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Bought an STI

Old 11-12-2014, 09:03 PM
$Level$

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich
Default Re: Bought an STI

STi's are gay.
Old 11-12-2014, 10:07 PM
Registered Member

Nightkid has disabled reputation

I preferred the previous year models looking sti than the newly redesigned model sti, it got me thinking especially the front end? I just don't get it? why the sti has some sort of evo front end looking?
Old 11-13-2014, 12:30 PM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired

Originally Posted by Nightkid
I preferred the previous year models looking sti than the newly redesigned model sti, it got me thinking especially the front end? I just don't get it? why the sti has some sort of evo front end looking?
First of all welcome and thank you for responding to a current topic instead of just shitposting your way to 15 posts like some people. That's actually a question that a lot of us had when we saw this generation of STI back when is was just a concept. It's kind of unfortunate that Subaru decided to go that route because the Evo and STI used to be unique cars that used a similar formula to do different things well and the Subaru lost some of its individuality. In Subaru's defense though the STI has always looked a little shitty by comparison (some generations more than others) and I think they've finally made a good-looking STI.

Above all else the STI is about to become the only the game in town since the Evo is being discontinued after 2015 so once that happens it really won't matter.
Old 11-16-2014, 08:11 AM
master debater

blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout

Originally Posted by djyuck
Congrats on the purchase. I loved my STi. I beat the hell out of it and it still asked for more. Are you planning on tracking it?
absolutely- but planning and doing are currently mutually exclusive. i've been lazy since i got it and haven't really done the requisite research on where to go beyond the local dragstrip. but the point of buying this car was specifically in line with the weekend warrior mentality of taking it to the track on a fairly regular basis.

Originally Posted by Rich
STi's are gay.
once again thank you for your valuable contribution. always a pleasure.

Originally Posted by Trunk Impaired
First of all welcome and thank you for responding to a current topic instead of just shitposting your way to 15 posts like some people. That's actually a question that a lot of us had when we saw this generation of STI back when is was just a concept. It's kind of unfortunate that Subaru decided to go that route because the Evo and STI used to be unique cars that used a similar formula to do different things well and the Subaru lost some of its individuality. In Subaru's defense though the STI has always looked a little shitty by comparison (some generations more than others) and I think they've finally made a good-looking STI.

Above all else the STI is about to become the only the game in town since the Evo is being discontinued after 2015 so once that happens it really won't matter.
i'll add that while nightkid's post is a welcome contribution to this nearly dead forum, i for one would much appreciate more attention paid to ensuring his written correspondence is distinguishable from shitty anime translations.

and i agree with this post; i've been hooked on this car since i saw the concept with the thought that subaru finally made a good-looking (modern) wrx/sti. i've never understood how the apple could fall that far from the tree in recent years; the 22b was a great-looking car, and even the 04-05s were for me, anyway. i've loved the concept of a turbo, awd toy with everyday practicality as a bonus, now it's something i enjoy looking at as well.

i considered getting the s4 or cla a45 amg that rich would have, but i've grown out of audis/mercs/bmws (*waits for reloaded to say i couldn't afford them anyway...). besides, the long-term plan is to get an f-type and demote this to the daily driver/track slut.
Old 11-16-2014, 05:38 PM
Friendly Jackboot

sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80

Originally Posted by blackout
i've been lazy since i got it and haven't really done the requisite research on where to go beyond the local dragstrip.
Now:
http://summitpoint-raceway.com/progr...-at-the-track/

Later:
http://www.dominionraceway.com/
Old 11-17-2014, 02:54 AM
master debater

blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout

perfect- i actually thought summit point was farther from me than vir. it's virtually down the street from where i thought it was. awesome.

however, as to "now" -
Originally Posted by Summit Point website
There are not any FATT events scheduled at the is time.
all good though, that's exactly what i need for spring. thanks.
Old 11-20-2014, 02:17 PM
Registered member

HypeRHatch has disabled reputation

Congratulations, I just believe they look a lot like EVO X
Old 11-21-2014, 10:48 PM
$Level$

Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich

I was being sarcastic ;-) My son would probably fuck his STi if it had a vagina.

Old 11-22-2014, 06:19 AM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired

Old 11-24-2014, 01:45 AM
Registered Member

djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck

OP, fuck the dragraces with your STi. You have all winter to get your car track-ready. Although, from what I read, they come stock track-ready. Which tires did they come with?

Originally Posted by Rich
I was being sarcastic ;-) My son would probably fuck his STi if it had a vagina.

Rich, what lap time did your son get on the 'Ring? I've been once this year and am trying to go this weekend, too (it helps living 3 hrs. away). Your son's car is gorgeous. Are you looking into another car any time soon? The Charger Hellcat really has me itching to pull the trigger, as does the GLA AMG.

Quick Reply: Bought an STI