Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

BOUGHT MY BMW!!!!

Old 02-20-2009, 09:49 PM
Turtle Salad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EGon10psi EGon10psi EGon10psi EGon10psi EGon10psi EGon10psi EGon10psi EGon10psi EGon10psi EGon10psi EGon10psi
Default BOUGHT MY BMW!!!!

So i made a thread couple days ago asking for advice but i figured id make a new thread letting you guys know what i got

First off i dont make 100k a year but i do make very good money. I started my own business when i was 21 and I waited an entire year building my business and bought nothing for myself and promised that until after taxes. So this was my present to myself.

I went with the used over new even though new had a better percent but had a BALLOON!!!! RIP OFF!!

I MADE MY FIRST CAR PURCHASE!!!

2007 BMW 335i
SIX SPEED ON FLOOR!!
Alpine White
Red and Black Dakota Interior
Sports Package
Full Navi with Voice Activation
Heated Front Seats
Active Steering
Active Cruise Control
Comfort Access (keyless entry and Start)
7logic full surround sound system
DTC
DSC

$Much Better Deal!

Everything I wanted for my first car the negotiation only took 13 and half hours!!!!WORTH IT!

Not exact pics but you get the idea.

Interior pic except I have Navigation
http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/630...361editdp4.jpg

Car makes 274whp stock on dyno.
Heard that Juice Box makes a little toy for it any input on that on here???
Old 02-20-2009, 09:51 PM
Turtle Salad

EGon10psi EGon10psi EGon10psi EGon10psi EGon10psi EGon10psi EGon10psi EGon10psi EGon10psi EGon10psi EGon10psi
Default Re: BOUGHT MY BMW!!!!

PS: Had to go to Maryland b/c there was NO cars like this in VA they could find with all the color combos and the STICK SHIFT. So I need an emissions testing to fax to Maryland to get my tags. Does anyone know who does this besides BMW who will prob charge a shit load??

Also any info on the Juice Box would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Ahead of Time.
Old 02-20-2009, 09:59 PM
Registered member

BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT

Conrgats on the purchase and smart choice going used. How much did you pick it up for, miles, etc?

This probably belongs in eye candy though.

Do you not live in VA?
Old 02-20-2009, 10:03 PM
Turtle Salad

I do live in Virginia but its a Maryland registered car so until I prove that it passes emissions and gets an Inspection sticker i cant get the tags. But i asked some local shops and they said I have to go to Northern Va or Richmond.

Oh and its not going in eye candy until I have the gold wheels i want with fat lip.....but for now im very happy with the wheels it has haha
Old 02-20-2009, 10:04 PM
Registered member

BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT

Why wouldn't you register it in VA? Maybe I'm missing something.
Old 02-20-2009, 10:18 PM
Turtle Salad

what im saying is they wont switch the registration and tags over to virginia until its passes emissions??

Thats what they told me now keep in mind i was half listening b/c of the money i just spent i was freaking out a little bit but thats what i got from it.

If thats not how to do it or how its usually done ill call them tomorow and say WTF man! haha
Old 02-20-2009, 10:27 PM
Registered member

I mean I live in VA Beach, so we only have visual inspections, no real emissions testing.

Did they not do taxes and tags for you at the dealer you bought it from?

To answer your question though I could buy a car from CA and transfer/register it in VA without passing CA emissions, even if it was registered there prior to my ownership.

If they didn't do your taxes and tags at the dealer (which would make sense if they weren't set up for VA). You should be able to go to a local state inspection place and then to DMV to pay taxes and register the car without an issue. I hope I'm not confusing your situation, but something doesn't sound right.

Last edited by BlackOnBlackGT; 02-20-2009 at 10:33 PM.
Old 02-21-2009, 04:27 AM
Registered member

sjfehr sjfehr sjfehr sjfehr sjfehr sjfehr sjfehr sjfehr sjfehr sjfehr sjfehr

Nice car!! Don't feel bad about not being able to find the specific car you wanted locally, I had to drive several hours, too, when I bought my '04 Porsche. At a certain point, the pool of cars is so small, you're not going to find what you want locally unless you get extremely lucky. Just be glad you weren't shopping for a Ferrari, as you'd probably have to pay air freight on it

There's no statewide emissions check in VA, just the inspection & local whatever. VA law requires you to register it in VA within 30 days, I believe, if you're a resident. (So no florida registration, sadly.) For cars less than 5 years old, you and the seller have to sign a form SUT1, too, attesting to the sale price. (Basically, so you can't cheat on the 3% vehicle title tax.) This is regardless of where you bought it. I bought my car in NC and still had to pay the 3%.

More here: http://www.dmv.state.va.us/webdoc/ci...es/titling.asp

Personal property tax come June will be painful for you, too.

Last edited by sjfehr; 02-21-2009 at 05:26 AM.
Old 02-21-2009, 05:18 AM
S a D u B

JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW

Congrats. There is emissions tests in VA, but it all depends on where you are registered. The emissions tests have to be passed if car is registered in NOVA, however I believe anywhere else it's just a typical SI.

You should be able to register it with no issues, and I don't see why it wouldn't pass a state inspection, even with emissions, unless you have some crazy exhaust setup, but I'm doubting that.

Enjoy the car, although you should went ahead and bought an m3
Old 02-21-2009, 06:50 AM
Celebration Bitches!

lawjizams lawjizams lawjizams lawjizams lawjizams lawjizams lawjizams lawjizams lawjizams lawjizams lawjizams

Nice car, cant wait to pick mine up in July. Did they extend the warranty? I was looking at a 2006 M5 last year and they had an extended warranty up to 4 years by tacking 2 more on top. But decided not to get and ordered the M3. Again nice ride man.

Quick Reply: BOUGHT MY BMW!!!!