Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

body estimate needed

Old 01-02-2004, 02:41 PM
show no mercy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2JZ JC 2JZ JC 2JZ JC 2JZ JC 2JZ JC 2JZ JC 2JZ JC 2JZ JC 2JZ JC 2JZ JC 2JZ JC
Default body estimate needed

calling all shops that can help me out. i rear ended a guy goin about 5 miles/hr at a stop sign(no time for the whole story). ive never been in an accident involving another car, so i didnt know what to do. cops were not called. the car i hit already has some obvious damage that has rusted up. his bumper is really old and looks similiar to this ---^----^--- it has these to peices that stick out and seem to act as extra protection from a rear end hit or something. well that piece cracked my bumber, barely by the way. so he says he'll see what damage i caused not including the previous damage. he calls and says the damage i caused is over 1100 dollars!!! there is no fucking way that that doesnt include the pre existing damage. i think hes tryin to take me to the cleaners cuz im a young man. i kinda feel he slammed his breaks on purpose, cuz he started to leave and i was taking his spot at the sign, i was looking for traffic(this is the stop sign behind circuit city roadshop in NN) .... and ive never been in an accident. insurance doesnt know anything about this yet. SO.......

#1- is there a shop that i can go to, for an honest estimate where i can be present so he doesnt bullshit.
#2- legally, what the hell can i do from here? call insurance? anybody with any knowledge of the law please offer your opinion and help. thanks in advance for both requests. PLEASE HELP A BROTHER OUT!!!

PS- i hit him regardless, and im willing to pay for my mistake, i just dont want to be taken advantage of......
Old 01-02-2004, 02:47 PM
nannerpus, nannerpus

Carter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these parts

once you give him your information, it's up to insurance. your and his insurance company can do an investigation and see who comes out on top, that's all I can say, sorry

it's happened to me before where I got rear ended and pushed into someone else and I got most of the blame, so my insurance is now higher thanks to the person in front of me who said I ran into them first. good luck with the situation.
Old 01-02-2004, 02:52 PM
Virginia Beach 757

_crs has disabled reputation

Tell him you want a second opinion on that estimate and you'll get it for him..If you just tapped him a 5mph it should just be paint scratch no bumper damage/rips anything. You should have gotten a police report so that you would have evidence that there was prior damage, because all you have is your word against his or a number from any witnesses other than you or him. Any professional body guy can tell if damage was done recently or if any other mods were done before. If it's true about what your saying (5mph thing) it shouldn't be more than $400 in damage. He's trying to get you replace the whole bumper and paint...
Old 01-02-2004, 03:02 PM
version VI

stl2slw stl2slw stl2slw stl2slw stl2slw stl2slw stl2slw stl2slw stl2slw stl2slw stl2slw

i got a stock front bumper for your car, brand new never used
Old 01-02-2004, 06:19 PM
DA LEPRAHKAHNZ GOLLD

TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt

to be honest he is a fucking god damn liar. i put my shit in reverse on accident at a stop light... floored it hit the guy at 15 ish... only thing i did was take his license plate paint off and a dent in my bumper.. he has a similar bumper ( jeep cherokee ) ...i think you should have called police.. always get a report.. other wie you can get fucked .... pls call your insurance company asap.. before you get in any shit
Old 01-02-2004, 09:32 PM
show no mercy

2JZ JC 2JZ JC 2JZ JC 2JZ JC 2JZ JC 2JZ JC 2JZ JC 2JZ JC 2JZ JC 2JZ JC 2JZ JC

thanks for the input guys, im calling insurance 2morrow so they hear it from me first. this guy still doesnt have my insurance info.

and yea i know it was about 5-8mph, if your in NN you know that stop sign behind circuit city. i was stopped right behind him, then barely accelerated...then BOOM. but we'll see. i mean its my fault for hitting him, i just dont want to be taken to the cleaners. i want to pay for what was caused by me.
Old 01-03-2004, 02:26 AM
BurtZ06

slo vtec slo vtec

If no police report was made, and there are no witnesses then you don't have to give him a penny.
Old 01-03-2004, 08:20 AM
Former 757'er

Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous

Originally posted by Slo Vtec
If no police report was made, and there are no witnesses then you don't have to give him a penny.
Don't call your insurance, don't call anyone about it. There was no police report, so it never happened. Was there anyone else there or did he get contact numbers from anyone else that was there? If noone seen it, it never happened and you can tell that guy to piss off.
Old 01-03-2004, 08:23 PM
Registered Member

3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall

I did the same thing last year. I rear-ended some girl at about 5 mph while leaving school. We didn't call the cops or exchange insurance info. I just told her that I'd pay for it all, whatever it costs. She went to get an estimate and it came out to $105. She was driving a 2003 Hyundai Elantra or something... I put a couple little scratches on her bumper from where I hit her. I don't remember the name of the shop that she took it to right off the top of my head but I have a copy of the reciept still. So if you want to know the name of the shop she took it to then just let me know and I'll go dig out the reciept.
Old 01-03-2004, 08:58 PM
It's Duck Season

JBub JBub JBub JBub JBub JBub JBub JBub JBub JBub JBub

Originally posted by Blasphemous
Don't call your insurance, don't call anyone about it. There was no police report, so it never happened.
Originally posted by 2JZ JC
i hit him regardless, and im willing to pay for my mistake, i just dont want to be taken advantage of......

Quick Reply: body estimate needed