Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.
View Poll Results: would u run and trust blackworks racing products
YAY
43.75%
NAH
18.75%
yes just not engine internals
37.50%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

blackworks racing... YAY or NAY

Old 08-11-2010, 05:53 AM
breath

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tucker5129 tucker5129 tucker5129 tucker5129
Default blackworks racing... YAY or NAY

i have been looking at buying a valve train for a b16 head and was wondering if anyone has had any experance running blackworks racing products. i dont think i have ever heard anything about them but they look like they sell some good products.

http://www.bwrusa.com/
Old 08-11-2010, 06:40 AM
NAZI mod

BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER
Default Re: blackworks racing... YAY or NAY

I have a blackworks fmic. Seems alright so far.
Old 08-11-2010, 07:37 AM
Registered member

fuknjunksi has disabled reputation

I have blackworks radiator. Haven't had any problems.
Old 08-11-2010, 09:07 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Something about the types of parts they're selling and their pricing makes me think it's all made in China.
Old 08-11-2010, 09:55 AM
NAZI mod

BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
Something about the types of parts they're selling and their pricing makes me think it's all made in China.
They are.
Old 08-11-2010, 10:44 AM
Track Whore

Cmqqn85 has disabled reputation

anyone running there colovers? curious to see how they are
Old 08-11-2010, 11:14 AM
Registered member

00_VIP_BENZ 00_VIP_BENZ 00_VIP_BENZ 00_VIP_BENZ 00_VIP_BENZ 00_VIP_BENZ 00_VIP_BENZ 00_VIP_BENZ 00_VIP_BENZ 00_VIP_BENZ 00_VIP_BENZ

I would try them but just not with engine internals. There is so much that can go wrong there. but if you do you should right up a review on them.
Old 08-11-2010, 11:20 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

I guess my thought is that anyone can make (or reverse engineer) things like suspension braces, and also that you get what you pay for. I wouldn't even think about buying engine parts from them. I really wouldn't buy anything from them actually, because I don't think we need any more companies that are just storefronts for cheap reverse-engineered Chinese products.

There are plenty of other companies to buy things from that have good reputations and legitimate design and manufacturing processes, not to mention quality traceability. Support legitimate companies, they need your business to survive.
Old 08-11-2010, 11:26 AM
Registered member

00_VIP_BENZ 00_VIP_BENZ 00_VIP_BENZ 00_VIP_BENZ 00_VIP_BENZ 00_VIP_BENZ 00_VIP_BENZ 00_VIP_BENZ 00_VIP_BENZ 00_VIP_BENZ 00_VIP_BENZ

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
I guess my thought is that anyone can make (or reverse engineer) things like suspension braces, and also that you get what you pay for. I wouldn't even think about buying engine parts from them. I really wouldn't buy anything from them actually, because I don't think we need any more companies that are just storefronts for cheap reverse-engineered Chinese products.

There are plenty of other companies to buy things from that have good reputations and legitimate design and manufacturing processes, not to mention quality traceability. Support legitimate companies, they need your business to survive.
I do agree in a way. On the other hand how do you think those companies started. Even car companies buy someone elses car and reverse engineer with the intention of making there cars better and to keep up with those other companies. Thats how many big companies started out and just improved on other peoples parts. Like i said i would try some of there things only thing i wouldnt go cheap on is my motor parts. There is to much that can go wrong with crappy engine internals.
Old 08-11-2010, 11:34 AM
Racetracks

Originally Posted by 1_SICK_SI
I do agree in a way. On the other hand how do you think those companies started. Even car companies buy someone elses car and reverse engineer with the intention of making there cars better and to keep up with those other companies. Thats how many big companies started out and just improved on other peoples parts. Like i said i would try some of there things only thing i wouldnt go cheap on is my motor parts. There is to much that can go wrong with crappy engine internals.
With many/most of the companies like this, there is no improvement. It's just high volume cheap manufacturing and direct copies of existing stuff. Small startup companies specialize in one thing, and then expand. This company sells a lot of different stuff, and none of it is anything that can't be directly bought (and private labeled) by a lot of direct-copy companies overseas. I'm just not convinced, and there isn't enough information to make me think otherwise.

I can't think of a company that makes everything from valvetrain parts to coilovers to suspension braces to radiators, for many different makes and models, and for that cheap. It doesn't exist unless they're private labeling cheap parts from somewhere else. Any small company that actually designs (and manufactures) quality products can't sell that many different parts for that low of a price. You can have cheap, or you can have quality. It's very rare to have both, and there's good reasons for that.

Last edited by Fabrik8; 08-11-2010 at 11:38 AM.