Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Best way to....

Old 09-01-2006, 10:38 AM
has a huge dong

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER
Default Best way to....

...clean water out of my interior? On my way home from work, i hit some water, which didn't look too deep, but my car took on about 2"s of water, it even came up through my shifter...But as soon as this rain breaks i'm going to try and strip the interior and get it dry. What do ya'll recommend? Should i vacuum it up through the carpet first? There is honestly alot of water, and i don't want to ruin my daily. I'll deal with figuring out how it came in later, but i have to get this done right. Any help or input would be much appreciated. The car is an ef hatch, thanx
Old 09-01-2006, 10:44 AM
Never Blend In

nuke0907 has a reputation beyond reputenuke0907 has a reputation beyond reputenuke0907 has a reputation beyond reputenuke0907 has a reputation beyond reputenuke0907 has a reputation beyond reputenuke0907 has a reputation beyond reputenuke0907 has a reputation beyond reputenuke0907 has a reputation beyond reputenuke0907 has a reputation beyond reputenuke0907 has a reputation beyond reputenuke0907 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best way to....

try and get most the water out with a shopvac. then take the carpet out and soak the rest up with something. you might be able to let the carpet dry while its out or just get new carpet. just dont let the water sit in your car and you should be fine, unless it got in your engine too.
Old 09-01-2006, 10:51 AM
has a huge dong

it ran fine, i caught the puddle, then drove it another 2 miles, and it was ok, its just when i hit the puddle, the water rushed in from somewhere. The car is rust free, but i'm missing the wheel well plastic, i'm thinking that had something to do with it. But yeah, i'm thinking i shoiuld vacuum it out as best i can, then i'm going to take the carpet out, and go from there.
Old 09-01-2006, 11:50 AM
Srsly.

Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by VB2NER420
it ran fine, i caught the puddle, then drove it another 2 miles, and it was ok, its just when i hit the puddle, the water rushed in from somewhere. The car is rust free, but i'm missing the wheel well plastic, i'm thinking that had something to do with it. But yeah, i'm thinking i shoiuld vacuum it out as best i can, then i'm going to take the carpet out, and go from there.
Car's are built to be flood tight. I recommend using a shop vac at first, then taking the seats and carpet out. I'd leave it apart for a couple days to air dry good before I put it back together. With that said, a second car would be great.
Old 09-01-2006, 01:20 PM
has a huge dong

yeah man, i'm lucky to have a daily driver. Guess i'll be driving the da for a couple days. I vacuumed it out as best i could, then took out the seats, then the carpet. I'm torn between taking out the rubber insulation stuff under my pedals and computer, because that is soaked, but will be so hard to find. any ideas to dry that out, if you know what i'm talking about??
Old 09-01-2006, 01:39 PM
Srsly.

Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts

If air can circulate to it, it will dry out on it's own. But if things are blocking those areas, I'd do my best get air flow to them.
Old 09-01-2006, 01:44 PM
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

The right way to do it is to pull the interior, the carpet, and the padding. Then open the doors and get some fans to dry it out. Once mildew grows you're done for.
Old 09-01-2006, 03:34 PM
Registered Member

Bustadust can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by Cobra4B
The right way to do it is to pull the interior, the carpet, and the padding. Then open the doors and get some fans to dry it out. Once mildew grows you're done for.
not true my 240sx had a flood and mildew did grow, all you need to go is on a warm sunny day, have all doors open and leave it there for hours