Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Best DIY tuners?

Old 10-23-2011, 08:03 PM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired
Default Re: Best DIY tuners?

Originally Posted by TATTRAT
You mean like a guitar?
Gibsons are great for DIY tuning, they've got the little knobs right on the head. I heard you can even buy electronic tuners that give a read out and tell you if you're sharp or flat. Future shit.
Old 10-23-2011, 09:23 PM
Flatulence

PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov

Originally Posted by Race B&on
Gibsons are great for DIY tuning, they've got the little knobs right on the head. I heard you can even buy electronic tuners that give a read out and tell you if you're sharp or flat. Future shit.
Word out in guitar stores is that there's another Gibson Guitar out that.... tunes itself
Old 10-23-2011, 11:05 PM
i pooped a squirrel

Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes

Originally Posted by A Dubbs
I'm really big on Euro's, but they're tuning can cost a pretty penny if you send them to shops for everything. What are your favorite tuner cars and why? What cars do you like to work on the most? What cars are the easiest to work on yourself? What opinions do you all have?
miata or a honda. easiest to work on imo

also those self tuning gibsons are the biggest ripoff on earth, if youre to lazy or stupid to tune a string through guitar by hand. you should sell your setup
Old 10-24-2011, 05:25 AM
CAPS LOCK BABY

CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK

Originally Posted by A Dubbs
Well no, I'm not worried about post counts. They don't really matter to me. I'm just trying to get an idea of what cars people like to tune. I'm shoppin around for a set of wheels and am just trying to get a list of rides to consider, something I can use to hop into the tuner scene. I know a bit of basic modding (your simple bolt on CAIs, exhausts, interior work, how to change oil and other fluids, etc.) from working with friend cars and books, but I want to learn more and get some more hands on with some more complex stuff (turbo installs, upgrades, engine builds, etc.) on something I own so I don't have to worry about pissing someone off if I break something lol

WOW.
Old 10-24-2011, 05:27 AM
fuckin smart

Mortal_Meerkat Mortal_Meerkat Mortal_Meerkat Mortal_Meerkat Mortal_Meerkat Mortal_Meerkat Mortal_Meerkat Mortal_Meerkat Mortal_Meerkat Mortal_Meerkat Mortal_Meerkat

Originally Posted by Crnchy wen Blac
miata or a honda. easiest to work on imo

also those self tuning gibsons are the biggest ripoff on earth, if youre to lazy or stupid to tune a string through guitar by hand. you should sell your setup
this. i can guarantee you that a miata is the easiest car to work on.
Old 10-24-2011, 05:40 AM
under your stairs

Blindside Blindside Blindside Blindside Blindside Blindside Blindside Blindside Blindside Blindside Blindside

I personally prefer the Fender Jaguar and of course the almighty Telecaster. Must be USA made however, Fuck that mexican made bullshit.
Old 10-24-2011, 07:46 AM
i pooped a squirrel

Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes

Originally Posted by Blindside
I personally prefer the Fender Jaguar and of course the almighty Telecaster. Must be USA made however, Fuck that mexican made bullshit.
I play the metals so those guitars don't work for me lol. But I've always wanted a tele. That thin narrow neck is just awesome
Old 10-24-2011, 07:48 AM
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous

In the history of gay fucking threads, this ranks right up there
Old 10-24-2011, 08:02 AM
Slappin Curtis

bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004

A thread on thin narrow necks, and the tuning of Miata's. Fuck yeah.

OP, turn your rep on. You'll get a lot more feedback that way.
Old 10-24-2011, 09:45 AM
Registered Member

Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher

Originally Posted by Crnchy wen Blac
I play the metals so those guitars don't work for me lol. But I've always wanted a tele. That thin narrow neck is just awesome
Jim Root from Slipknot and Sone Sour uses a telecaster. Plus, EMG makes tons of pick-ups you could easily swap out of any given guitar that doesn't give you the sound you want.

Quick Reply: Best DIY tuners?