Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

The Barst (Steve) and other EVO owners

Old 10-17-2003, 01:10 PM
MOB
Versus1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MOB MOB MOB MOB MOB MOB MOB MOB MOB MOB MOB
Default The Barst (Steve) and other EVO owners

WTF?
Old 10-17-2003, 01:58 PM
Classified Moderator

Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby

damn
Old 10-17-2003, 02:05 PM
ReRegistered User

NSXNEXT is an unknown quantity at this point

WTF....I can't believe this....but then again...what if its true! A great X-Files Episode! lol
Old 10-17-2003, 02:12 PM
Synthol Junkie

BlackZX3 is infamous around these partsBlackZX3 is infamous around these partsBlackZX3 is infamous around these partsBlackZX3 is infamous around these partsBlackZX3 is infamous around these partsBlackZX3 is infamous around these partsBlackZX3 is infamous around these partsBlackZX3 is infamous around these partsBlackZX3 is infamous around these partsBlackZX3 is infamous around these partsBlackZX3 is infamous around these parts

That's fucking ridiculous.
Old 10-18-2003, 08:47 AM
Hot Seduction: Vol 1

1badITR can only hope to improve

That is going on locally as well. My friend Joel bought a RSX-type S from the Acura dealership on Jefferson. He had problems with his transmission and brakes. When he went in for warranty work, they gave him shit because one of their employees claimed that they saw him run it at the track.
Old 10-18-2003, 09:22 AM
What FMIC?????

MKNTRAXX MKNTRAXX MKNTRAXX MKNTRAXX MKNTRAXX

thats just bull shit... what do they expect.. You to leave the car stock and drive it around like grandma

this just added another reason i like my 14 y/o car..
Old 10-18-2003, 10:49 AM
SOI SOI SOI SOI SOI

vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage

I'm almost sure they can't void your entire warranty if they found out you were racing, but they could at least kill the powertrain part of it. That's pretty asanine to expect Mitsu to pay for damage or excessive wear caused by racing anyway.
Old 10-18-2003, 11:02 AM

sargeek1975 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ya.

It's so funny to read about every evo owner bitching about mitsubishi keeping track of who's racing their cars. What did they expect?

I wouldn't expect to race a brand new car under warranty and then if something fails expect mistu to cover it.

WTF do they expect?

Plus as soon as you change something in the drivetrain; say a clutch for instance, your warranty expires anyway. That's why most people who are intelligent wait till the warranty is up on whatever car they bought new BEFORE they start modding it. Or at least KEEP the stock parts so you can put them back on BEFORE you take it back to the dealer for anything.

Or just buy a 13 year old car like I did and then you don't have to worry about anything!
Old 10-18-2003, 12:51 PM
INCONCEIVABLE!

MeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to all

i was talking to the people at mitsu and they said if you dont get your oil changed there once then your warranty is voided out. aprarently if any thing is touched on the car then they void it all even general maintanece.

WOuldnt suprise me if they started making you get your gas from there also
Old 10-18-2003, 01:05 PM
I see dumb people

SilvEclips has disabled reputation

Originally posted by vmspionage
I'm almost sure they can't void your entire warranty if they found out you were racing, but they could at least kill the powertrain part of it. That's pretty asanine to expect Mitsu to pay for damage or excessive wear caused by racing anyway.
The whole point of the thread was to point out the stupidity of the dealers monitoring tracks for cars that are raced.

1)They sell PERFORMANCE cars with a warranty....even the advertisements always show these cars being pushed
2)They are spying and taking pictures of cars that run at the track
3)They are prolly spending a lot more money on their employees spying on the guys then they would spend actually fixing repairs. Especially when they don't sell that many of that type of car.
4)The thread's starter's problem wasn't even caused by his racing at the track.....He was having problems with his FIFTH gear on his STOCK clutch. And if it was even racing related, i doubt this guy has raced at the track everyday and has done hundreds of 5000rpm launches, so Mitsu should pay for the defected part anway.......$.02

Quick Reply: The Barst (Steve) and other EVO owners