VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Automotive Discussion (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/)
-   -   B20 swap questions (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/b20-swap-questions-490213/)

dmv_scoobster 09-11-2015 10:19 AM

B20 swap questions

hey guys im new here and im thinking of putting a B20Z in my EK coupe ,
only thing is around the DMV area , its hot during the summer ,
so im trying to keep both my power steering and my AC ,
if you guys have any pointers and info on this id appreciate the help ,
thanks in advance guys

wright 12-24-2015 06:35 PM

Re: B20 swap questions

Google

NasTHatch 12-24-2015 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by dmv_scoobster (Post 8363550)
hey guys im new here and im thinking of putting a B20Z in my EK coupe ,
only thing is around the DMV area , its hot during the summer ,
so im trying to keep both my power steering and my AC ,
if you guys have any pointers and info on this id appreciate the help ,
thanks in advance guys

It can be done, we have the technology

ThepartsMAN 01-23-2016 03:40 AM

Why is every response turned down by you all? Google doesn't solve everyone's way of comprehending issues. Yes I do agree, researching is the best way to understand although if there are people with similar paths and taste in cars then they should feel free to ask a question and get an honest answer: so kid look, going the b20 route is not a great route. No matter what people will advice you, the engine is trash. The sleeves are weak, the crank is trash and the hybrid swaps don't last long.

Find yourself a Jdm gsr engine and start from there. The Japanese engines have lower miles than the usdm engines in most cases. Luckily for you keeping a/c and power steering is not hard these days.

Oem parts will bolt on and some very light fabricating may be required.

Sleeve the B20 block and now we have ourselves a different conversation but an oem b20 is some booty.

Yes I know im responding late to an old post but I figured id be proactive to your forum instead of inefficient.

Any other questions regarding your b20 don't hesistate to PM me.

- thepartsman-

Yardjass 01-23-2016 04:04 AM

Originally Posted by ThepartsMAN (Post 8368799)
Why is every response turned down by you all? Google doesn't solve everyone's way of comprehending issues. Yes I do agree, researching is the best way to understand although if there are people with similar paths and taste in cars then they should feel free to ask a question and get an honest answer: so kid look, going the b20 route is not a great route. No matter what people will advice you, the engine is trash. The sleeves are weak, the crank is trash and the hybrid swaps don't last long.

Find yourself a Jdm gsr engine and start from there. The Japanese engines have lower miles than the usdm engines in most cases. Luckily for you keeping a/c and power steering is not hard these days.

Oem parts will bolt on and some very light fabricating may be required.

Sleeve the B20 block and now we have ourselves a different conversation but an oem b20 is some booty.

Yes I know im responding late to an old post but I figured id be proactive to your forum instead of inefficient.

Any other questions regarding your b20 don't hesistate to PM me.

- thepartsman-

Because coddling to these idiots and spoon feeding them answers isn't helping anyone, including them.

By the way, JDM engines are just about the biggest joke ever, coming from such a congested country. The run time from idling in traffic on a lot of those "low mileage" engines is more than a lot of high mileage American engines that constantly take highway trips and then immediately get shut off.