Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

B-series turbo kit (COMPLETE)

Old 12-12-2004, 08:53 PM
Patron

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz
Default B-series turbo kit (COMPLETE)

Ok I did a search, but it pretty much only came up with stuff that was in the FS/Wanted forum. I'm looking for recommendations for a pretty good complete turbo kit for a B series motor. A friend of mine is gauging interest in boosting his car and he would want to buy a complete brand new system.

I've searched google and what not, but I'd like to hear some first hand experience from some local people. I told him to check out revhard (I've heard good things, but I don't know personally) and they have a kit for his bodystyle car with a B series engine.

Thanks in advance.
Old 12-12-2004, 08:57 PM
Fidel runs VBPD

The_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud of
Default Re: B-series turbo kit (COMPLETE)

u'r talking a 13b or b16?
disclaimer: i hate hondas so it's hard to remember nething bout them.
Old 12-12-2004, 08:59 PM
Patron

Sorry I guess I should've specified. I'm not familar with rotary engine codes, so I didn't realize, but I meant B-series Honda motors.

He has a mildy built (cams, pistons, bored, P&P head, valve job) B18A in his car now and he's thinking of going with boost.
Old 12-12-2004, 10:32 PM
OM NOM NOM E30

JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87

ive heard lots of talk about the drag kits, etc. When buying a manufactured kit, i think some of them of pro's and con's as with anything.

Like drag kits may have a better manifold then the rev hard kit, but the rev hard mite havea better waste gate setup. It'll probably be way cheaper to piece a kit together....but much faster(time) to just outright buy a complete kit.

eh fun times
Old 12-12-2004, 10:35 PM
OM NOM NOM E30

JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87

ah ha found a good link

http://www.turbo-kits.com/integra_turbo_kits.html
Old 12-13-2004, 05:57 AM
Patron

Originally Posted by JETSWU87
ive heard lots of talk about the drag kits, etc. When buying a manufactured kit, i think some of them of pro's and con's as with anything.

Like drag kits may have a better manifold then the rev hard kit, but the rev hard mite havea better waste gate setup. It'll probably be way cheaper to piece a kit together....but much faster(time) to just outright buy a complete kit.

eh fun times
Yea no doubt. We talked about piecing one together, but he said he'd rather just buy a complete one. When he built his car he didn't have the money to build it stronger (read: LS/VTEC), so I think he's just gonna boost it now since he makes better money and has a truck to drive while his car is down.
Old 12-13-2004, 07:19 AM
bye
dirt the flirt.

bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye

yo ill sell him my revhard kit.
Old 12-13-2004, 07:26 AM
Japanese Disease

NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX

in my experiences w/ boosting hondas
don't buy a used kit and don't try to piece something together

as far as a used kit, it's just not worth it. A friend of mine purchased a used kit, but ended up spending so much in little things to get it working he ended up shelling out about the same price as the new kit.

a pieced together kit may also seem to be a cheaper and faster alternative but you will probably end up with fitment issues(which i have seen happen) and one thing getting in the way of something else. When you buy a complete turbo-kit everything is fit tested and produced to work with one another. It may be a little more expensive just to buy a complete and new kit, but you will save alot of hassles and money down the road.
Old 12-13-2004, 07:34 AM
sup

SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE

Bullshit Joe. You're selling out of the Dumbestik crowd and buying teh import y0. I heardz all about dis, money.
Old 12-13-2004, 07:35 AM
Patron

Shhhh.

Quick Reply: B-series turbo kit (COMPLETE)