Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

automotive repair schools???

Old 06-23-2005, 05:15 PM
Successis99%failure

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Slosupra Slosupra Slosupra Slosupra Slosupra Slosupra Slosupra Slosupra Slosupra Slosupra Slosupra
Default automotive repair schools???

I want to get a degree of somesort in automotive repair tech, i love working on cars but i need to get mor knowledge, i plan on opening up my own shop some day any one known any post what you know...

thanks

Chris
UnReal Concept
Team UnReal
Old 06-23-2005, 06:43 PM
Means Slow

MABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud of
Default Re: automotive repair schools???

ATI...now you can get an Associate degree for about 15,000 dollars.
And yes i went there before they had the Associate degree.
Old 06-23-2005, 07:11 PM
VIP

LSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these parts

TCC chesapeake perhaps?
Old 06-23-2005, 07:55 PM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

Originally Posted by 02_Blazin
ATI...now you can get an Associate degree for about 15,000 dollars.
And yes i went there before they had the Associate degree.

i want to see that. i graduated from NADC in 2000, and i spent 13800. last i checked, base tuition is over 20k, and its about 3k more for an ass degree.

UTI, NADC, WyoTech are the three big ones, and it all depends on what you want to do as to where to go.

UTI is more local then NADC, but you learn more at NADC (IMO)

www.nadc.edu
www.uti.edu
www.wyotech.com
Old 06-24-2005, 12:21 PM
squad up!!!

To0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud of

I went to the N-UTI (NASCAR) open house when the first opened and DAMN..

If it wasnt for the 30k, which doesnt include a place to stay, I would have probally went.. Your literally 100 yards from Robert Yates Racing, another 100 Yards is Rusty Wallace Racing (RWI), MB2 shop (01 and 32 car) Is across the street from RWI.. About 5 miles down the road is Penske Racing, Chip Ganassi, Richard Childress Racing, Jack Roush and Half of the Hendrix shop's. Go down about 10 miles the other way is DEI.. Def. worth it if you got the money or your a minority (50% discount on tuition, I love being white) So once you completed the course and you couldnt find a job, its all on you..

And there is a Ford dealership, Chevy, Honda and Toyota all right there within 2 miles of the school..

56 Week course.. The last 4-6 weeks of school is specialty Training, as in Ford Asset, Chevy, Chrystler, Porsche, Audi, Honda, Toyota and Voltswagon..

First 16 weeks are Basic Automotive, pretty much like a Vo-tech course, but I believe after 6 weeks, You can take a test and skip the rest of it and go straight into the other courses.

Next 32 weeks are the "Performance" School.. They break it down.. I think 8 Weeks of Engine building/Performance on 358 NASCAR Spec motors.. 8 weeks of Chassis and Suspension, 6 Weeks of welding, 6 weeks of Body work.. Then If I remember, You get to choose what the last 4 weeks will be, Advanced Engine, Chassis ETC..

The rest of the time you are in the classroom and/or doing your specialty training..

This is all from memory, so some of the stuff my not be correct.. But the Price Tag is..
Old 06-24-2005, 12:52 PM
master debater

blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout

just as a recommendation- please don't quote me on this because not all places are going to offer this... but you may want to try to get a job at a renowned dealership and get trained for free. it will take time, but you'll also get experience (read- on the job training), which in my opinion is every bit as important as book/classroom training, if not more. i worked at lynnhaven lincoln-mercury for about 5 years, and if not for my shitty attitude and horrendous driving record they would have sent me to as many Ford sponsored schools as I wanted.

If you're looking for straight performance-oriented training, you'll have to either get a job at a performance shop (good luck as entry-level) or pay the price for the high-dollar schools listed here.

just don't underestimate the value of experience, and you'll get plenty of it working at a dealership.
Old 06-24-2005, 02:10 PM
Registered Member

MaxPower MaxPower MaxPower MaxPower MaxPower

I think I am convinced to going to UTI instead of Sinclair(Honda PACT). I just went to the web site and they are a lot more involved in the performance aspect of cars. I just hope I dont catch too much shit for showing up in a Honda
Old 06-24-2005, 02:42 PM
DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok

A guy I work with went to UTI and said it was a waste of money unless you really don't know much.

I'm going to free-training route, with a Toyota dealership. I'm becoming an apprentice tech (to a master tech) in October and they also pay for me to go to a toyota-based school.

And I get PAID to do it, dont have to PAY. Just a thought, this was my decision after researching UTi etc.
Old 06-24-2005, 03:40 PM
Needs a fast car now

NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET

I went to UTC that was a really good school and I got a chance to work on a skyline engine which waS pretty cool.
Old 06-24-2005, 04:33 PM
Registered Member

MaxPower MaxPower MaxPower MaxPower MaxPower

Originally Posted by The Wok
A guy I work with went to UTI and said it was a waste of money unless you really don't know much.

I'm going to free-training route, with a Toyota dealership. I'm becoming an apprentice tech (to a master tech) in October and they also pay for me to go to a toyota-based school.

And I get PAID to do it, dont have to PAY. Just a thought, this was my decision after researching UTi etc.
Did he go through the Nascar part? or just did the genneral automotive.

Quick Reply: automotive repair schools???