Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Autoblog first drive: Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Grand Sport

Old 07-08-2009, 09:26 PM
Racetracks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Re: Autoblog first drive: Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Grand Sport

And it doesn't even have a solid axle. Oops, did I say that out loud..?
Old 07-08-2009, 09:28 PM
da dragva kokopelli

mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz

Originally Posted by Cnamz
Let me know when you find a Cobra like the one you describe that doesn't look like ass/doesn't have a shit interior/doesn't fail inspection and emissions/can go 253 mph with the top down.

For that matter, let me know when you find a street bike that does 253 mph.

Shit argument. The people buyinig this car don't give a fuck, because the people buying this car have the money to do whatever they please. Like paying money to drive on a track where this is possible. Or even building their own on their potentially huge properties.

What the hell would the point of buying a luxury exotic be if you had to deal with all that stupid shit? This car serves a purpose, and it serves that purpose far better than any other car out there. If the people who own one want to have no ABS, no traction control, and want to "feather" a car and drive it at it's limits, they'll buy a car in which all of that is possible. Trust me, they've got the money.

cobra. it looks completely stock minus huge tires in the rear. makes 1000+ hp, even more than this video now. (have no idea about the interior honestly)
but now see your arguing it passing emissions and all that bullshit, in va we dont have emissions.....but anyways, will a veyron even pass a emissions test???? im honestly asking? because i dont know. alot of the european cars dont even come with cats(etc) on them.....

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/1...SXR_198022.htm

the turbo street bike in that video has done 220+
and all the videos on uponone.com have no real way of linking them.... or any way i know of.

SEE BELOW-
its not a hard bike to build so dont act like thats hard to build...... because its a off the shelf built motorcycle....

[youtube]rOWhtVuccMI[/youtube]

dude i believe the car is nice, but seriously.... why so much hype for a toned down car that so many claim to be the "greatest car in the world"????

its the fact that people fucking suck the cars dick, about it being the best race car in the world, and fastest blah blah, and yet it always gets back to the fact its a luxury car.

dude honestly if i had the ability to afford one, id save my money, because i dont want a fucking luxury car. but in the end i still say the veyron is gay. and to each there own. the car does do 250 mph, thats kool, but why talk so much shit about it, then always fall back on the fact its a luxury car....

Last edited by mike nagz; 07-08-2009 at 09:33 PM.
Old 07-08-2009, 09:30 PM
Atlas is dead

Voodoo Voodoo Voodoo Voodoo Voodoo Voodoo Voodoo Voodoo Voodoo Voodoo Voodoo

i love the veyron, but isnt the fastest street car in europe a TT 1400hp LSx camaro??

edit: its a trans am... interesting tho: http://www.autoblog.com/2008/12/22/e...pontiac-trans/

Last edited by Voodoo; 07-08-2009 at 09:32 PM.
Old 07-08-2009, 09:32 PM
da dragva kokopelli

mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
I think the interesting part of the Veyron is that the power is actually usable and exploitable. It's not the amount of power, it's the fact that you can actually access it and still have a reliable, civilized car with excellent everyday manners..
Srsly.

There hasn't been a car built to this day that can do what the Veyron does. ESPECIALLY a topless car. No one can deny that.

And they're incredibly beautiful, IMO...debatable, I guess, but they're a true masterpiece in my eyes and the eyes of many others, ugly or not.
now that i wont argue, it does do this topless, i will say that is crazy. it does make a crazy amount of hp, for being so tamed. but again, that just throws so many "pussy" flags its not even funny. but again, id have no use for a car like that..... 1000hp that i couldnt fit anything but my ass and one other, cost a million dollars, and i dont race it........... because its luxury.... kind of pointless.....

if it was a 4 door, i could fit groceries and kids in it, and make 1000hp do 253 it would be A-ok in my book, but its a luxury sports car??? wtf is that....
Old 07-08-2009, 09:36 PM
Atlas is dead

Voodoo Voodoo Voodoo Voodoo Voodoo Voodoo Voodoo Voodoo Voodoo Voodoo Voodoo

Originally Posted by nagger
1000hp that i couldnt fit anything but my ass and one other, cost a million dollars, and i dont race it........... because its luxury.... kind of pointless.....
its so the rich ppl that own em can give the finger to the rich ppl that dont own them... "i have one and you dont", that kind of status shit they always do...
Old 07-08-2009, 09:39 PM
da dragva kokopelli

Originally Posted by Voodoo
its so the rich ppl that own em can give the finger to the rich ppl that dont own them... "i have one and you dont", that kind of status shit they always do...
i understand the bragging rights part, but that doesnt justify the car not being gay.... id brag my dick off if i had a CCX, or a zonda, or anything of that caliber.....

another 240+ motorcycle.

[youtube]jwieel03c-w[/youtube]

ON THE STREET. just for that arguement earlier. not continuing or anything....
Old 07-08-2009, 09:42 PM
Registered member

User 102020 User 102020 User 102020 User 102020 User 102020 User 102020 User 102020 User 102020 User 102020 User 102020 User 102020

Originally Posted by nagger
cobra. it looks completely stock minus huge tires in the rear. makes 1000+ hp, even more than this video now. (have no idea about the interior honestly)
but now see your arguing it passing emissions and all that bullshit, in va we dont have emissions.....but anyways, will a veyron even pass a emissions test???? im honestly asking? because i dont know. alot of the european cars dont even come with cats(etc) on them.....
Actually, in Virginia, we DO have emissions. Currently in Northern VA, and it's probably extending to the rest of the state quite soon.

The Veyron will pass.

Most European cars have had cats on them since the early 1990s.

the turbo street bike in that video has done 220+
and all the videos on uponone.com have no real way of linking them.... or any way i know of.

its not a hard bike to build so dont act like thats hard to build...... because its a off the shelf built motorcycle....
Actually, a bike that tops 250 is VERY hard to build. The only one I can think of that might come close from the factory is the MTT Turbine bike with a jet engine from a helicopter...and I think those top out around 230.

The fastest a hayabusa has done, last I remember, is 252 or 258 or something, and that was on the Salt Flats. Not sure on mods, but I seriously doubt it was anywhere near stock, or streetable.

dude i believe the car is nice, but seriously.... why so much hype for a toned down car that so many claim to be the "greatest car in the world"????

its the fact that people fucking suck the cars dick, about it being the best race car in the world, and fastest blah blah, and yet it always gets back to the fact its a luxury car.

dude honestly if i had the ability to afford one, id save my money, because i dont want a fucking luxury car. but in the end i still say the veyron is gay. and to each there own. the car does do 250 mph, thats kool, but why talk so much shit about it, then always fall back on the fact its a luxury car....
No one I have EVER heard of has said it's the best race car in the world. It was the fastest factory produced car at one point, yes, but no one has said it's the best "race car". It isn't a race car. It's a luxurious, silky smooth street car with blindingly fast acceleration and top speed, and that's something you won't find anywhere else on God's green Earth.

I don't understand what you're saying about "talking shit" and "falling back" on the fact that it's a luxury car. No one's "talking shit" about it, then "falling back" on its luxury status...that's been a part of its wonder from the beginning. It's a daily drivable 253mph supercar that carries its operator in comfort and beautiful ergonomics, all while being one of, if not THE, fastest accelerating cars on the planet. All in a street legal, reliable package.

Last edited by User 102020; 07-08-2009 at 09:47 PM.
Old 07-08-2009, 09:54 PM
da dragva kokopelli

Actually, in Virginia, we DO have emissions. Currently in Northern VA, and it's probably extending to the rest of the state quite soon.

The Veyron will pass.

Most European cars have had cats on them since the early 1990s.

Actually, a bike that tops 250 is VERY hard to build. The only one I can think of that might come close from the factory is the MTT Turbine bike with a jet engine from a helicopter...and I think those top out around 230.

The fastest a hayabusa has done is 251 or 252 or something, and that was on the Salt Flats. Not sure on mods, but I seriously doubt it was anywhere near stock, or streetable.

No one I have EVER heard of has said it's the best race car in the world. It was the fastest factory produced car at one point, yes, but no one has said it's the best "race car". It isn't a race car. It's a luxurious, silky smooth street car with blindingly fast acceleration and top speed, and that's something you won't find anywhere else on God's green Earth.

I don't understand what you're saying about "talking shit" and "falling back" on the fact that it's a luxury car. No one's "talking shit" about it, then "falling back" on its luxury status...that's been a part of its wonder from the beginning. It's a daily drivable 253mph supercar that carries its operator in comfort and beautiful ergonomics, all while being one of, if not THE, fastest accelerating cars on the planet. All in a street legal, reliable package.
and okay, i honestly didnt know about emissions in va at all. and thats news to my ears.

i just posted a turbo busa doing 256.........
its a very streetable bike.... nothing crazy. i dont see why no one couldnt ride it down the street.... (someone would probably kill themselves but thats diff.) and its deff not hard to build a motor with shelf pistons, slap a off the shelf turbo kit on it, and tune it.......

and there are quite a few busa's that make the same power and some that make more than that one...... but whatever.... motorcycles are a diffrent category anyways.

i stated the car was gay IMO.
why? because it has so many nutriders, and the fact that even what you just said, makes it gay. its a car that does 250 mph........a few cars can do 250.......
it can be driven every day.... NEAT, so can all the other cars that do 250...........
you cant fit shit in it.... aside from 2 people, same shit as alot of the other cars that do 250mph......
the interior is nice, so are the other cars that do 250mph........
its reliable....... so is a stock CCX, stock zonda......

what makes it so special???? i dont get it.......

now this is where the arguement turns into well its a luxury car.... (not saying you are doing it but everytime it gets brought up) what makes it so luxury???? that no other car in the same 250mph club doesnt have???

ABS, traction control etc etc. the things that make the car tamed or water downed??????? thus getting back to it being a waste of a car..... IMO. you build a car to do 250mph comfortably?????? thats stupider than having no traction control or abs if you ask me......

Last edited by mike nagz; 07-08-2009 at 09:56 PM.
Old 07-08-2009, 09:56 PM
Registered member

User 102020 User 102020 User 102020 User 102020 User 102020 User 102020 User 102020 User 102020 User 102020 User 102020 User 102020

Well, I guess if you don't get it...

You just don't get it.
Old 07-08-2009, 09:58 PM
da dragva kokopelli

Well, I guess if you don't get it...

You just don't get it.

dude i see where you are coming from i really do, but why does it deserve such a nutriding fanbase, when there was just a recent video posted of it getting worked to 250 mph by a car made in the last era of supercars.......

because it got sucked up comfortably?????

yakno??