VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Automotive Discussion (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/)
-   -   anyone tittle their car in south dakota ? (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/anyone-tittle-their-car-south-dakota-487965/)

waldo1212 12-18-2014 09:52 AM

anyone tittle their car in south dakota ?

ive been talking with a buddy who has told me registering my car in south dakota will save me from inspections and personal property tax. no id change or address change. anyone have any information on this?

BAN HAMMER 12-18-2014 10:08 AM

Re: anyone tittle their car in south dakota ?

No.

It doesn't matter where your car is registered, Virginia is going to charge you personal property tax on it unless you are active duty military with a valid LES.

And I seriously doubt you would be allowed to register a car in south Dakota without a physical address IN south Dakota.

Kris.Is.Foamin 12-18-2014 10:11 AM

You're fucktarded.

idriveahonda 12-18-2014 10:14 AM

LOL motherfucker you are broke as a joke.

Obviously as smart as ladybug shit as well.

Gen_Crunchytoes 12-18-2014 10:18 AM

ive never tittled a vehicle before

but it sounds absolutely erotic

ufctapout 12-18-2014 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by waldo1212 (Post 8333658)
ive been talking with a buddy who has told me registering my car in south dakota will save me from inspections and personal property tax. no id change or address change. anyone have any information on this?

smokeybear is the guy to talk to.

he helped me get mine straight.

DOOM 12-18-2014 11:39 AM

I have my car titled in the UK, dem euro plates

IPUNCHBABIES 12-18-2014 01:23 PM

Public transportation is all you will ever know.

sidewaysil80 12-18-2014 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by waldo1212 (Post 8333658)

If your life choices have gotten you to the point where you are forced to scheme your way out of personal property tax and registration/insurance, you REALLY need to evaluate your priorities and lifestyle. Perhaps owning "pleasure" vehicles and and/or modifying them is not a good idea based on your apparent lack of disposable income. #livewithinyourmeans

Yardjass 12-18-2014 03:36 PM

How the fuck are we supposed to know? This isn't SDdriven, faggot.

sidewaysil80 12-18-2014 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by Yardjass (Post 8333744)
How the fuck are we supposed to know? This isn't SDdriven, faggot.

I lost.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Yardjass again.

Yardjass 12-18-2014 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by sidewaysil80 (Post 8333750)
I lost.

<3

Goddammit who the fuck keeps changing my tags and sigs and shit?

Lord Humongous 12-18-2014 07:49 PM

On the other hand I did tittle a chick from SD once...

Originally Posted by DonkeyPunch (Post 8333661)
No.

It doesn't matter where your car is registered, Virginia is going to charge you personal property tax on it unless you are active duty military with a valid LES.

And I seriously doubt you would be allowed to register a car in south Dakota without a physical address IN south Dakota.

This. They tried to charge me PPT in 2014 for a car that I plated in AL in 2011 and then sold in 2012.

But correct...you "could" plate the cR in SD with an address but if you're living in VA with an address, you'll pay PPT.

Now you can set up a trust and purchase the car in SD and not pay sales tax...I think Tiki240 did that with his Viper

BOSS 1320 12-25-2014 12:35 AM

you all are stupid just registered to post this.
YES you can plate your car SD no state tax there no PTT tax on cars there about $45 BUCKS a year any car no inspection I have 3 cars plated there none would pass inspection here lol VA will not charge you anything if you have SD plates I have had them 7 years here now.

if you are from SD you can plate there and you can do it over the phone and mail. easy and if your military its your right to plate were u are from your home of record takes care of that. glad I could put this to rest!!!

pkel32 12-25-2014 05:32 AM

What people would do to save a few dollars each year. WOW!

JacKal 12-25-2014 05:34 AM

Originally Posted by BOSS 1320 (Post 8334751)
YES you can plate your car SD no state tax there no PTT tax on cars there about $45 BUCKS a year any car no inspection I have 3 cars plated there none would pass inspection here lol VA will not charge you anything if you have SD plates I have had them 7 years here now.

if you are from SD you can plate there and you can do it over the phone and mail. easy and if your military its your right to plate were u are from your home of record takes care of that. glad I could put this to rest!!!

1. Grammar motherfucker, sell one of those pos cars and enroll in a night class.
2. You didn't put shit to rest, you don't make any sense.
3. see bold section, if he was from SD don't you think he know this answer already?

Yardjass 12-25-2014 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by BOSS 1320 (Post 8334751)

Goddammit why the fuck did we ban him before chatting with him, getting personal info, and reporting him to the police??? You cats are slipping.