VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Automotive Discussion (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/)
-   -   Anyone driven a Pontiac Solstice GXP or Saturn Sky Redline? (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/anyone-driven-pontiac-solstice-gxp-saturn-sky-redline-179866/)

kanadaa 02-19-2008 09:00 PM

Re: Anyone driven a Pontiac Solstice GXP or Saturn Sky Redline?

I heard something about a recall when they first came out. Had to do with if you (a) open the hood, (b)then open the doors, (c) then shut the hood then they would make contact. Needless to say I did a jumpstart to one and the guy opened his hood then his doors, we jumped it, then as I was leaving, (he had one door open, one closed) he shut the hood then immediately started checking for damage.

nutsack 02-20-2008 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by NeverEnough (Post 3873165)
I'm not sure why you never see them. I see Sky and Sols about 25 times a day. You really can't tell them apart from the regular ones unless you see them from behind.

That was when I started this thread almost a year ago. I usually see a few everyday now.

Priestiality 02-20-2008 05:17 AM

Originally Posted by kanadaa (Post 3873197)
I heard something about a recall when they first came out. Had to do with if you (a) open the hood, (b)then open the doors, (c) then shut the hood then they would make contact. Needless to say I did a jumpstart to one and the guy opened his hood then his doors, we jumped it, then as I was leaving, (he had one door open, one closed) he shut the hood then immediately started checking for damage.

I've heard a couple of stories about panels not inning up properly but it wasn't wide-spread. When i heard about someone reporting damage, i checked each time i closed the hood - with the way my panels sit, there is no way they'd contact. The only recall was for a getrag LSD seal that wasn't up to standards. Damn Germans.

VanillaThrilla 02-20-2008 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by idkfa (Post 3873750)
I've heard a couple of stories about panels not inning up properly but it wasn't wide-spread. When i heard about someone reporting damage, i checked each time i closed the hood - with the way my panels sit, there is no way they'd contact. The only recall was for a getrag LSD seal that wasn't up to standards. Damn Germans.

We had a problem with the hood alignment. It wouldn't close after we opened it the first time. We immediately took it to the dealership because it was only two days old, and it literally took NINE people to get it to close. She's been afraid to have the hood open since! Can you blame her? :D

S2K_Guy 02-20-2008 06:55 PM

My dad has the new Miata with the folding hardtop. I like it, as far as a street car goes it's better than the S (more low end power, easier to drive, folding hardtop), but it's a lot less fun and has a lot more roll and less top end power, and I think the S looks waaaay better.

and my S has a bigger trunk, but that doesn't say much. There are our dailies so to go to the store we sometimes have to both go and share the load.

Priestiality 02-20-2008 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by ZeRo_c0oL@work (Post 3875253)
We had a problem with the hood alignment. It wouldn't close after we opened it the first time. We immediately took it to the dealership because it was only two days old, and it literally took NINE people to get it to close. She's been afraid to have the hood open since! Can you blame her? :D

They didn't straighten them up? Once they correct that there should be no problem, right? Either way, no recall just some came from the factory misaligned.

Originally Posted by shy_guy98ex
My dad has the new Miata with the folding hardtop. I like it, as far as a street car goes it's better than the S (more low end power, easier to drive, folding hardtop), but it's a lot less fun and has a lot more roll and less top end power, and I think the S looks waaaay better.

That hardtop is niice. Hopefully in a few years GM adds some cool options.

S isn't bad either - they are fun as shit to drive all out but when i was looking i couldn't stand the styling. Since then i have seen some mild fascias/stances that make them look pretty damn good though.

I just love small nimble cars - you can keep your chargers and mustangs. my dream would be something like the Opel Eco Speedster - you see that? Top speed 155 - avg fuel efficiency 113mpg. Shit - i could even run veggie oil.
Gives me chub.