Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Any Turbo Scion TC Running Around?

Old 10-02-2006, 10:05 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Josh1 has disabled reputation
Default Any Turbo Scion TC Running Around?

I just bought my wife a Scion TC. Only bad part is it is auto. I have plans to rebuild tranny to shift alot quicker with a new Torque converter and valve body from Level Ten. I am looking to getting her car at least in the high 12's low 13's. I was trying to talk her into getting this 94 RX-7 with a auto and a LS-1 that was up for sale on the RX-7 club forums, but she did not want nothing used. I on the other hand will probably be starting a new project and buying a used RX-7 for around $5000-$9000 and converting it's engine into a LS2 from a 2006 GTO. I have priced the tranny and engine with 23,000 on it for $5995. Hopefully stock I will break 11's easy. I guess I will have to put my Lightning to the side right now. Hoping to break 12's with it by the end of the summer. Already at 13.6 stock, so the summer upgrades should do the job.
Old 10-02-2006, 10:11 AM
Sav
seriously...

Sav Sav Sav Sav Sav Sav Sav Sav Sav Sav Sav
Default Re: Any Turbo Scion TC Running Around?

a few, i know a guy right across my neigborhood that has a white turbo tc, and i believe his buddy is running a black tc turboed as well...if u need more info man i can hook you up with a contact, i dont think he roams these boards thats why.
Old 10-02-2006, 04:50 PM
Registered Member

Josh1 has disabled reputation

Could you ask him how much boost he is pushing and how much whp and wtq. Also, if it is auto or manual and what times he is running. Thanks
Old 10-02-2006, 05:17 PM
Zen
Registered Member

Zen Zen Zen Zen Zen Zen Zen Zen Zen Zen Zen

Use to have one about a year and a half ago. Was one of the few ones running around VA at the time. Car was very torquey but the car itself is very heavy. I was pushing about 10psi at the time and making close to 300whp. Just remember the ring lands are very weak on that motor. Are you building the setup yourself? I might have a few contacts still available from back then.
Old 10-02-2006, 06:29 PM
Registered Member

KhanArtisT has disabled reputation

If you live in NoVA come to chic, theres a built white one.
Old 10-02-2006, 06:35 PM
UNCEUNCEUNCEUNCEUNCE

boyband boyband boyband boyband boyband boyband boyband boyband boyband boyband boyband

Best place to get a turbo for your tC ... Guy has been working on a custom kit since the tC came out basically. It's a pretty bad ass kit too. I'd recommend him. He built one of the better turbo kits for the 01+ Civic. Used his own car to beta test configurations on. Made 165whp and 142lb/ft torque on a AT D17. Pretty impressive I'd think.
Old 10-02-2006, 07:36 PM
Registered Member

teamlegacy has a reputation beyond reputeteamlegacy has a reputation beyond reputeteamlegacy has a reputation beyond reputeteamlegacy has a reputation beyond reputeteamlegacy has a reputation beyond reputeteamlegacy has a reputation beyond reputeteamlegacy has a reputation beyond reputeteamlegacy has a reputation beyond reputeteamlegacy has a reputation beyond reputeteamlegacy has a reputation beyond repute

There's a DARK red/marron TC turbo in the Richmond/West End area. Saw it at the 7-11 in Short pump, it was awesome!
Old 10-02-2006, 11:54 PM
Registered Member

Enriched has disabled reputation

dont really know the guy personally, but ive seen him around

this is the White Turbo Scion TC running around here

Old 10-03-2006, 03:54 AM
Registered member

whiteWRXtasy is infamous around these partswhiteWRXtasy is infamous around these partswhiteWRXtasy is infamous around these partswhiteWRXtasy is infamous around these partswhiteWRXtasy is infamous around these partswhiteWRXtasy is infamous around these partswhiteWRXtasy is infamous around these partswhiteWRXtasy is infamous around these partswhiteWRXtasy is infamous around these partswhiteWRXtasy is infamous around these partswhiteWRXtasy is infamous around these parts

go up to Ptuning in manassas, they built a project turbo tC and it's badass.

here is the website and pictures of the tC http://www.ptuning.com/html/project_tc.cfm
Old 10-03-2006, 10:14 AM
Registered Member

zx12guy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by teamlegacy
There's a DARK red/marron TC turbo in the Richmond/West End area. Saw it at the 7-11 in Short pump, it was awesome!
Yea that's my brother's car. He has the zpi stage1 kit.

Quick Reply: Any Turbo Scion TC Running Around?