Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Any Elise owners?

Old 09-19-2015, 04:05 AM
Too Old To Care

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
smilin dave smilin dave smilin dave smilin dave smilin dave smilin dave smilin dave smilin dave smilin dave smilin dave smilin dave
Default Re: Any Elise owners?

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
No, I really like the purple. If I didn't I'd buy a different one, but this is being sold by someone I know so there may be a deal involved. That color only works on Elise, skylines, and TVRs.
I agree, these are really nice cars, just be prepared for repair cost. Have heard all parts carry a steep cost. Lived in the area where the headquarters is/was. Loved to see them zipping around.
Regards
Dave
Old 09-19-2015, 11:58 AM
Sheeeit

Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch

This guy is a new member who happens to own one. Might be worth having some lotus banter with...

Originally Posted by RDG_RCR
Most recent shot

Old 09-19-2015, 10:27 PM
Registered Member

djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck

Originally Posted by Hooch
This guy is a new member who happens to own one. Might be worth having some lotus banter with...
Oh my word that is fucking dope.
Old 10-04-2015, 10:55 AM
mytinycar

tsiguy has disabled reputation

I have an 05 with 53k mi. The ENTIRE body is fiberglass. I have stress cracks, especially on the front lower clam, and yes the entire front end and rear end is one piece! It's very expensive to repair , replace, remove. The plus side of fiberglass is it doesn't dent, or rust. I liken driving it to riding a motorcycle. I'm always on the defensive since most vehicles can't see the car since it is so low and expensive or hard to repair the body. It's a fragile body. It's all aluminum frame so no rust there either. It also takes a long time to get parts when you do order them. I had to order some small plastic parts and it took a month. It does have a 2zzge Toyota engine so parts are easy in the drivetrain area. Reliablity has been excellent with no issues! It's a 10 year old car, but it seems the values are steadily rising due to the rarity of them. I have never seen a purple elise. Only black, orange, green, yellow, white, blue, silver and red. I have both hard and soft top, but prefer the hard top. Most do not come with a hard top. I got mine for a little over $30k with 50k on the odo. Good luck!

Last edited by tsiguy; 10-07-2015 at 06:35 AM.