Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Another stupid law for the backyard tree mechanics

Old 07-30-2003, 08:23 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
oldschool7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Another stupid law for the backyard tree mechanics

a friend forward this to me, better read it!

As you may or may not know, Norfolk has a law, that if a vehicle is parked in your yard, even behind a fence, the city can take it from you. Not because of it being an eye sore, but for "health" reasons. It's a health code violation and one person had three of his prise winning Mustang show cars taken from him. The same type of law is going in front of the Hampton city counsel next month. For anyone who is a car collector or has one in the back yard working on it, is now in jeapordy of loosing it.
Being part of the Virginia Association of Car Counsel and/or the Car Club Consel of Hampton Roads would allow us to be more informed about laws that are coming before the legislation that would affect our way of life.
It would also give us a voice in the local and state legislations as well. For anyone who knows of other people in other clubs, we need to spread the word to them as well to keep our way of life free.

Ways to voice your opinion:

http://www.ccchr.org/

http://www.vaacc.org/member1.html

Last edited by oldschool7; 07-30-2003 at 08:27 AM.
Old 07-30-2003, 12:29 PM
Registered Member

Greaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond repute

whats the reasons for implementation of this law?
Old 07-30-2003, 03:10 PM
Registered Member

93Accord2.2 is an unknown quantity at this point

That's really stupid...and just move your car to the front driveway of they ratify it...but that's the dumbest law I've heard in a while...
Old 07-30-2003, 03:55 PM
Registered Member

oldschool7 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Greaser
whats the reasons for implementation of this law?

Supposedly Health reasons, but don't get me lying
Old 07-30-2003, 08:02 PM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Skyra
That's really stupid...and just move your car to the front driveway of they ratify it...but that's the dumbest law I've heard in a while...
not all of us have big driveways and need a place to put that extra project.. the backyard is a great spot.. that is seriously dumb... just like in my town how they go around now and tow cars out of people's driveways if they can see from the street that the tags are expired or no inspection sticker and such. fucking retarded. the idiots that make up these laws need to be removed from the gene pool. is it that much mroe unhealthy to have it parked on grass than on gravel or pavement?
Old 07-30-2003, 09:27 PM
TSSSSSSSSSSS

MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos

put a lawn gnome beside it and say its decoration
Old 07-30-2003, 09:38 PM

lancerEVOVII is an unknown quantity at this point

hahah thats funny
Old 07-31-2003, 05:48 AM
THE FIASCO

blasko is on a distinguished road

they neeed to come get my neighbor, hes got like 13 cars in his yard. all shity ass old chevys
Old 07-31-2003, 06:25 AM
Venuto Ottenga Alcun

PWRVTEC is a splendid one to beholdPWRVTEC is a splendid one to beholdPWRVTEC is a splendid one to beholdPWRVTEC is a splendid one to beholdPWRVTEC is a splendid one to beholdPWRVTEC is a splendid one to beholdPWRVTEC is a splendid one to behold

Come and try taking my car and be shot...sorry...
But that is a dump law really...
Old 07-31-2003, 06:50 AM
Registered Member

tooquick4most tooquick4most tooquick4most tooquick4most tooquick4most tooquick4most tooquick4most tooquick4most tooquick4most tooquick4most tooquick4most

I agree with pwr vtec.
Youll be taking the keys from my cold dead hands.

Quick Reply: Another stupid law for the backyard tree mechanics