Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

AMES parking lot status.

Old 07-14-2003, 12:43 PM
HHIC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite

Originally posted by fc3slvr
I agree with vtecnology for the most part, I enjoy modifying cars and sharing my love with other people. But it seems that a select few have to ruin it for everyone. It seems today being in the car scene is trendy. No one is interested in the car; they’re more concerned with how they look in it or what status it puts them at. And yes we have our lot is rednecksburg and it stays safe and fun, but every week or two someone will get a hair in they’re ass and do something stupid. Whether it’s doing donuts or starting fights or even being bold enough to bring alcohol. Just seems so disrespectful when you take in consideration that people take their time out to provide us with a place to gather, and a select few have to throw it in their face. And I’m sure as much as you don’t want to hear it we are guilty by association in their eyes. But even vetecnology has to admit that sifting threw the 95% of shit heads to find the 5% is worth it. Even though I’ve had some sketchy times being in the scene I don’t regret the people I’ve met that have become my friends.
Agreed. I've met some very good friends due to hanging out at the "races".

As far as organizing something thats up to my maturity level, I don't have to. The events that Drag puts on are what I'm looking for. Don't think that for a minute I'm against meeting up with a bunch of car people. I'm not. Thats why I'm into it. I love cars and I like being around those who like cars. I'm simply against the late night "street races". I'm against the burnouts and show offs and little gang banger ricers. The Fast and the Furious is a MOVIE. The people that think that it's life are the ones I'm against. mab9981 I don't know if you realize it but it's not that I don't want to go out to the street races ANYMORE because of what happened. I was against them a while ago. I've been to P-town all of twice I think and I didn't enjoy it. The recent events just escalated it into a subject that I will be vocal about.
Old 07-14-2003, 12:50 PM
i can't drift.

mab9981 mab9981 mab9981 mab9981 mab9981 mab9981 mab9981 mab9981 mab9981 mab9981 mab9981

"The recent events just escalated it into a subject that I will be vocal about"

And with that i totally agree. I just don't like talking like i'm above meeting. Because i'm not. I enjoy hanging out with my fellow GEARHEADS, people like you VTECNOLOGY and ME are a dime a dozen. Someone with brains that will argue the good side of a darkened hobby, something polluted by people not understanding that they drove a 2000 pound weapon when they're on the street, and who think they'll never die.

I'm 22 and married...so like most people i understand TRUE value in life. If some dumbass were to ever kill my wife street racing....i just don't know what i would do. It's hard to see the victims side of things unless YOU ARE ONE.
Old 07-14-2003, 01:59 PM
master debater

blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout

Originally posted by mab9981
I'm a highly educated true enthusiast.
you spelled exaggerated wrong.

good points. you just don't live in the 757. maybe it's still somewhat respectable out where you're at.
Old 07-14-2003, 02:33 PM
DAAAANG & OHDAANG

MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch

we as "educated" people just need to regulate what is going on at things like PTOWN. when kids start getting stupid lets be quick to stop them and not stand around and watch. there is NOTHING and i mean NOTHING wrong with hanging out in a parking lot talking about cars and about possibly racing someone at a discrete location. there was NOTHING wrong with what went down on friday and saturday nights in portsmouth untill someone STUPID decided to show off, which wasnt all that bad. we just need to police what goes on ourselves. everyone quit crying about how stupid and bad of a person someone is cause they hang out with car people in larger then usual numbers.
Old 07-14-2003, 06:31 PM

Eight Grand is an unknown quantity at this point

So where are we meetin at now? How bout the old fun scape parkin lot then you could hit the highway at greenbrier??? Just a suggestion.
Old 07-14-2003, 06:36 PM
Registered Member

93DOHC is an unknown quantity at this point

That is the same way I feel eight grand, is there a new spot, or will there be, I don't understand why everyone is fussing, if you don't want to come out don't come, if you want to come out come, but there should be some rules and regulations to it though.
Old 07-15-2003, 02:56 AM
master debater

blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout

Originally posted by 93DOHC
That is the same way I feel eight grand, is there a new spot, or will there be, I don't understand why everyone is fussing, if you don't want to come out don't come, if you want to come out come, but there should be some rules and regulations to it though.
sure there should be. but how do you plan to rule and regulate hundreds of people who look at it as an illegal underground street racing meet who always feel like they have something to prove? for every one person who goes out there with a decent head on their shoulders there are ten who are total idiots.
Old 07-15-2003, 05:48 AM
i can't drift.

mab9981 mab9981 mab9981 mab9981 mab9981 mab9981 mab9981 mab9981 mab9981 mab9981 mab9981

Hey Blackout:

Did you find that necessary? Did you read my whole post just for grammatical errors? Come on! I had a valid point in the post which you disregarded to give me an English lesson!

Please read the posts!
Old 07-15-2003, 01:11 PM
old guy

roadRacer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by blackout
sure there should be. but how do you plan to rule and regulate hundreds of people who look at it as an illegal underground street racing meet who always feel like they have something to prove? for every one person who goes out there with a decent head on their shoulders there are ten who are total idiots.
I am an old guy that has been around the sort of hangout like P-town since before most of you were born. There is no way to have "rules" exactly, but what can happen is that everyone acts responsible. If you see someone being an ass, get a bunch of people together and go over an chase them away. Make them realize that if they are going to be jerks to go someplace else and do it.

Unfortunately P-town was the best place for this sort of thing since I have been doing this. The cops were aware and didn't bother people, the lot owners didn't bother people. That sort of thing is not going to happen many places. Finding a replacement is going to be hard to do.
Old 07-15-2003, 02:23 PM
master debater

Originally posted by mab9981
Hey Blackout:

Did you find that necessary? Did you read my whole post just for grammatical errors? Come on! I had a valid point in the post which you disregarded to give me an English lesson!

Please read the posts!
i was just letting you know. i just pick up on that kind of thing.

i did acknowledge your points. reread my post.