Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

alignment problem and coilover suggestions

Old 05-30-2010, 01:22 PM
Dragva nukkas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
eurotund757 has much to be proud ofeurotund757 has much to be proud ofeurotund757 has much to be proud ofeurotund757 has much to be proud ofeurotund757 has much to be proud ofeurotund757 has much to be proud ofeurotund757 has much to be proud ofeurotund757 has much to be proud ofeurotund757 has much to be proud ofeurotund757 has much to be proud ofeurotund757 has much to be proud of
Default alignment problem and coilover suggestions

I've got an 03 si with H&R springs on it right now and they've been on for about 40k miles. Now for my job I drive long distances quite often and i'm noticing my alignment is getting thrown off very fast, i've been wearing down the insides of my tires like crazy. I've had a camber kit but it doesn't really help. I've decided to redo the suspension to try and fix the problem. Can anyone give me some opinions/ suggestions? thanks
Old 05-30-2010, 01:44 PM
Registered Member

ethan82000 has a reputation beyond reputeethan82000 has a reputation beyond reputeethan82000 has a reputation beyond reputeethan82000 has a reputation beyond reputeethan82000 has a reputation beyond reputeethan82000 has a reputation beyond reputeethan82000 has a reputation beyond reputeethan82000 has a reputation beyond reputeethan82000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: alignment problem and coilover suggestions

have you got the toe in or out checked?
Old 05-30-2010, 01:54 PM
keep it clean

hype R has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by ethan82000
have you got the toe in or out checked?
What he said ^ Its always a good idea to get your car aligned after lowering a car.
Old 05-30-2010, 01:56 PM
Registered Member

The Don has disabled reputation

What struts are you using? I hope you aren't one to let the car drop in pot holes and what not. When you say your camber kit is not working.... Is it set to the proper degree or is it moving?
Old 05-30-2010, 01:58 PM
low&slow

slotoyo slotoyo slotoyo slotoyo slotoyo slotoyo slotoyo slotoyo slotoyo slotoyo slotoyo

Originally Posted by hype R
What he said ^ Its always a good idea to get your car aligned after altering the suspension in any way.
this
Old 05-30-2010, 02:03 PM
Registered Member

What he said ^ Its always a good idea to get your car aligned after lowering a car.
Originally Posted by slotoyo
this
Well he did say he had an alignment done, but that it gets thrown off quick. So either there is something wrong with the suspension, the car has been hit before or the person doing the alignment is doing something wrong.
Old 05-30-2010, 02:20 PM
keep it clean

hype R has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by The Don
Well he did say he had an alignment done, but that it gets thrown off quick. So either there is something wrong with the suspension, the car has been hit before or the person doing the alignment is doing something wrong.

I didnt see where it said he had alignment done... I was just assuming he was speaking about stock alignment
Old 05-30-2010, 02:34 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by eurotund757
I've got an 03 si with H&R springs on it right now and they've been on for about 40k miles. Now for my job I drive long distances quite often and i'm noticing my alignment is getting thrown off very fast, i've been wearing down the insides of my tires like crazy. I've had a camber kit but it doesn't really help. I've decided to redo the suspension to try and fix the problem. Can anyone give me some opinions/ suggestions? thanks
I didnt see where it said he had alignment done... I was just assuming he was speaking about stock alignment
I don't know I could be wrong But i took what he said as if he has tried getting the car aligned before, not to mention putting on a camber kit without adjusting it is pretty pointless!
Old 05-30-2010, 03:46 PM
NAZI mod

BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER

Stop typing in bold for gods sake.
Old 05-30-2010, 04:34 PM
Dickbutt #peentip

Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin

Stop getting your alignments at wal-mart

Quick Reply: alignment problem and coilover suggestions