Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Air intake difference?

Old 06-24-2004, 03:09 PM
Taking the shot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
QwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these parts
Default Air intake difference?

Ive been wondering for a while now, what is the diffrenece between the higher priced AEM or Injen intakes, and those that u see seold on ebay for $40. When i look at pictures of both sets i see rubber fittings and a hard metal intake tube with and air filter. Is there any difrenec between the two or are u paying more for the name then the actual product. Im talking about actual performance wise. I could care less what it looks like or if it says ricer across the intake tube, if performance wise its the same i dont see a point in spendin the extra money. So drop some knowledge on me. thxs

-Sanchez-
Old 06-24-2004, 03:54 PM
Registered Member

Soon2BeStangin is a splendid one to beholdSoon2BeStangin is a splendid one to beholdSoon2BeStangin is a splendid one to beholdSoon2BeStangin is a splendid one to beholdSoon2BeStangin is a splendid one to beholdSoon2BeStangin is a splendid one to beholdSoon2BeStangin is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Air intake difference?

There isnt really no difference. Most of the people over at 3.8mustang.com say its a waste to not get an EBAY CAI. Same games have been proven, Im glad I paid a little bit more for mine tho. Some people who went with one off ebay have had some fitting issues. But performance wise, no difference, get it off ebay and Ill be over to install in next week
Old 06-24-2004, 04:17 PM
Taking the shot

QwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these parts

LOL how come ur on Drag so much now? And thxs for the info might try doing that.
Old 06-24-2004, 04:41 PM
Die reinste Bösen.

gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear

what soon2 said...exactly. Intakes are something where quality can be sacraficed for price. You dont need a flashy painted intake thats all one piece with a big logo on it, because a couple peices of generic piping with a colored sleeve works just as well. If it comes to more complicated parts such as turbo kits.. where quality is a must. then you CERTAINLY get what you pay for. I had an ebay cool air intake on my civic for awhile, and it worked as well as the AEM unit...and it was a good 80% cheaper.
Old 06-24-2004, 05:05 PM
Taking the shot

See thats how i figured it works, paying more for the name brand then the actual product. So i figure that i can get a cheap air intake and just spend a little more and get a nice K&N filter for it, thus saving money for more important things.
Old 06-24-2004, 05:16 PM
Smee

LudeDude98 LudeDude98 LudeDude98 LudeDude98

nah man just get aem like me...you get a license plate frame and stickers too
Old 06-24-2004, 05:29 PM
hostgator.com

flow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these parts

When I had my Prelude, everyone on the Honda sites loved arguing over why AEM was the end all-be all of the intake industry. Wow, they make a mean aluminum pipe, can't see someone else doing that proficiently.

The only difference between the pipe CAI's would be the finish. I had an Injen intake, and it HAD to be polished quite often. My friend blew $200-300 on an AEM, and all he had to do was windex it to have it looking brand new again.

I paid $60 for my Injen.
Old 06-24-2004, 05:31 PM
Registered Member

NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668

The only diffrences on intakes it the AEM V2 intake system and the others. The V2 changes the sound freq. so it mixes air and fuel better. The normal ones are nothing more than 3 inch alum. mandrel bent tubeing.
Old 06-24-2004, 05:33 PM
hostgator.com

flow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these parts

How does an intake pipe allow the air and fuel to mix better? Wouldn't that be handled by the actual intake? Or is there some cyclonic action in the V2s? I love marketing.
Old 06-24-2004, 05:54 PM
i got 5 on it

themacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these parts

It comes with the TORNADO FUEL SAVER!!!!1111

Quick Reply: Air intake difference?