Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Ae86

Old 05-16-2003, 07:23 AM
Team Rev-Limit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KrazeeLee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ae86

Alright Heres The Deal Ive Got An 86 Corolla SR5 and yes it is carberated i was wonderig if anyone around here has any info for me about this car.... ive done alot of research about but i still cant really find anything i can do to make my carberated 86 go much faster and an still trying to the money for a 4AGZE swap...... basicaly i just wanna know if anyone has some sites or anything so that i can do some shit before i get the supercharged engine..... anyway thanks
Old 05-16-2003, 08:29 AM
i probably hate you

Mr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these parts

congrats, youve got a gem. i want one of those really bad. my sugestion would be this: instead of puting money into this engine, save it for the swap. that or talk to bill strong.
Old 05-16-2003, 09:07 PM
brake/steer/throttle

ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek

dude, the SR5 isn't the GT-S. you're going to need the entire drivetrain out of a GT-S in order to do what i think you wanna do. you'll need the trans, the rear end (preferrably with the factory LSD). the 4AGZ-E conversion is also not quite as easy as people make it seem. the 4AGE does well with dual DCOE sidedraft carbs. high revs (sustainable) and all! yeah, talk to bill strong. he's the bomb. also check www.club4AG.com
Old 05-17-2003, 05:44 AM
Registered Member

Lt. Dan Lt. Dan Lt. Dan Lt. Dan Lt. Dan Lt. Dan Lt. Dan Lt. Dan Lt. Dan Lt. Dan Lt. Dan

I almost bought a GTS about a year ago... blown headgasket, hadn't run in years, EVERYTHING needed to be replaced... I offered the guy 400 bucks.. he looked at me like I was nuts and told me he wouldn't take less than 1500 for it... I laughed and left...

Dan
Old 05-17-2003, 07:01 PM
registered derp

lolololol has disabled reputation

i would love to see some pics of this!
Old 05-18-2003, 08:11 AM
Team Rev-Limit

KrazeeLee is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for all the imput guys i do really love this car its just kind of a peaice of shit right now... i got it for 500 bucks for this guys that i know thourgh this giy my dad knows its a carzy connection too.... ill have some pics soon and if you dont mind me asking who is this Bill Strong
Old 05-18-2003, 02:18 PM
brake/steer/throttle

ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek

the man, the myth, the legend. put it this way...200hp out of a normally aspirated 4AG...'nuf said...
Old 05-18-2003, 05:22 PM
registered derp

lol yup
Old 05-18-2003, 09:15 PM
20psi>engine

72NOVA is an unknown quantity at this point

I was looking to buy a 85 or so corolla later this summer, does the gts infact come with the 4ag?
Old 05-18-2003, 10:01 PM
registered derp

i dont think so. but dont quote me on that. thelastmirage would know

Quick Reply: Ae86