VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Automotive Discussion (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/)
-   -   Advice on taking out a loan for a car (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/advice-taking-out-loan-car-137315/)

VanillaThrilla 04-27-2006 04:51 PM

Re: Advice on taking out a loan for a car

By the way, if you intend to build any sort of credit based on this loan, do it for a minimum of 3 years. It's nice that you want to pay it off, but future lenders are going to want to see at least 3 years worth of history.

Archer 04-27-2006 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by JDM DC4
Hell I just want them to call me back so I can buy me a WRX.

good choice :)

NEO_WRX 04-27-2006 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by Topik
good choice :)

indeed...

again, i'd say check out your bank first. I'm sure they would be more willing since your already in good standings with them, especially since it doesn't sound like you have a credit history. in today's market, having no credit is almost as bad, if not worse, than having bad credit.

VanillaThrilla 04-27-2006 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by NEO_WRX
indeed...

again, i'd say check out your bank first. I'm sure they would be more willing since your already in good standings with them, especially since it doesn't sound like you have a credit history. in today's market, having no credit is almost as bad, if not worse, than having bad credit.

worse, unfortunately.

05WRX 04-27-2006 06:34 PM

I got a loan from a bank that was only 4% apr, which is what i'm still paying on my car. So in SOME cases a bank can be better than a CU, i know NFCU was charging like 5.9% apr or some such shit.

200+hp240sx 04-27-2006 07:08 PM

nice, I am a military dependant so I can use NavyFederal and all that good stuff. Any discounts for full time students that any of you have heard of? Yes, I do have bad credit. I have a stable job now luckily "knock on wood" and I need to earn positive credit, so the 3 year plan doesnt so bad when looking ahead, I know I will need that credit score to do anything financially. That 5.9 doesnt sound that bad but 4 would be great. I bank with suntrust and BB&T, not really thrilled on either. How big were your loans and at what rates? Not trying to pry of course, but budgeting. Just called geico and they put me on hold for 30 minutes so you all are much more help then them. thanks again

The_rabbit1 04-27-2006 10:31 PM

with Navy Fed for 2yrs it can go as low as 2 or 3%.

jay357 04-28-2006 04:11 AM

Navy fed is a good choice...other banks are gonna base it in part also on what your buying. Everybody talking about 4, 5, and 6% loans probably have really good credit. If you have bad credit I would expect to have a higher rate even with a cosigner. Most people with bad credit are just glad to get approved. It all depends on how bad your credit is. I would go with navy fed first..I have seen them approve some pretty low scores and they have the same rates for everyone thats approved weather your score is great or a little low.

Junon 04-28-2006 05:19 AM

try and go with PFCU. i have an extremely nice interest rate for my evo.

sidewaysil80 04-28-2006 05:24 AM

that huge interest spike you were talking about, yeah happend to me 233 to 33 a month. make sure if you go with navy fed that the vehicle is less than 7 years old. if not the interest shoots up as soon as they get the title and confirm it