VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Automotive Discussion (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/)
-   -   Accident? (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/accident-32906/)

Twelvz 11-24-2003 01:33 PM

whoever was involved, whatever happend...it sure did look like a cluster fuck

hornetsnest 11-24-2003 01:36 PM

I'm in favor of a track too, but...

Originally posted by QWkSUPRA
i heard that a mustang ran head on into a neon does that sound right? but i also hope everyone is ok! This is why we need a track in the 757 because it would get ride of alot of street racing and avoid alot of these types of wrecks id be down for it id quite racin on the street along with alot of other people too im sure!
It's not gonna stop the stoplight racing or speeding in traffic. It helped in San Diego, but people still street raced and excessively sped in traffic. People are gonna speed/stoplight race and wrecks are gonna happen, regardless of the presence of a track. I'm all for "takin it to the track", but it just doesn't happen that way sometimes.

QWkSUPRA 11-24-2003 01:37 PM

im not sayin it would have stoped this from happening because i certainly dont think it would have but it would help with all the street racin im not saying it would stop it either but it could definatly help!

slowmx3 11-24-2003 01:39 PM

I heard as the mustang and camaro was racing, the camaro lost control, hit the mustang, which made the mustang hit a neon head on. There driver of the camaro kept going and left the scene. Also the neon had a few kids in the back seat.

This is what I heard, a few moments after it happened, but I don't know for sure....any new news?

montman 11-24-2003 01:50 PM

Mention of it but not much more info:wavy tv 10

WS6 11-24-2003 02:19 PM

Four people remain hospitalized after a horrible accident Sunday night in Chesapeake.

Police say witnesses told them two cars were seen leaving a high performance auto shop on Military Highway around 5:00pm. Witnesses say the two vehicle were drag racing.

The driver of the Mustang lost control just before the Gilmerton bridge. The car crossed the center lane, and slammed head on into a Dodge Neon.

Three people in the Neon were taken to the hospital, as was the driver of the Mustang.

WAVY News 10 has learned some of the injuries are serious.

The 32-year old driver of the Mustang is in serious, but stable condition. He is facing reckless driving and drag racing charges.

hornetsnest 11-24-2003 02:26 PM

Originally posted by WS6
The 32-year old driver of the Mustang is in serious, but stable condition. He is facing reckless driving and drag racing charges.
Good...You wanna dance, you gotta pay the cover charge...

TheGentleArt 11-24-2003 03:05 PM

Originally posted by hornetsnest
Good...You wanna dance, you gotta pay the cover charge...
maybe true, but why did the people in the neon have to pay :( they were innocent, just because the driver of the mustang is fucked, doesn't help the innocent people :( i hope that fucker gets what he deserves, ive street raced, and if i hurt someone, i would hope i got fucked to, it would only be fair

hornetsnest 11-24-2003 03:22 PM

Originally posted by TheGentleArt
maybe true, but why did the people in the neon have to pay :( they were innocent, just because the driver of the mustang is fucked, doesn't help the innocent people :( i hope that fucker gets what he deserves, ive street raced, and if i hurt someone, i would hope i got fucked to, it would only be fair
I meant it was good that the driver of the mustang is facing charges for street racing. It might not have even been the mustang's fault that he lost control if he got cut off or sideswipped, but if irresponsible actions result in the pain of innocents, then you gotta take your medicine...

Believe me as a fellow car enthusiast, I feel very bad for the innocent family that has to suffer through this. Such a random act that was totally unintentional, but doesn't change things.

NIC668 11-24-2003 03:50 PM

Four people remain hospitalized after a horrible accident Sunday night in Chesapeake.

Police say witnesses told them two cars were seen leaving a high performance auto shop on Military Highway around 5:00pm. Witnesses say the two vehicle were drag racing.

The driver of the Mustang lost control just before the Gilmerton bridge. The car crossed the center lane, and slammed head on into a Dodge Neon.

Three people in the Neon were taken to the hospital, as was the driver of the Mustang.

WAVY News 10 has learned some of the injuries are serious.