Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

3M Scotchgard™ Paint Protection Film???

Old 11-15-2006, 02:16 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SlowGhost is infamous around these partsSlowGhost is infamous around these partsSlowGhost is infamous around these partsSlowGhost is infamous around these partsSlowGhost is infamous around these partsSlowGhost is infamous around these partsSlowGhost is infamous around these partsSlowGhost is infamous around these partsSlowGhost is infamous around these partsSlowGhost is infamous around these partsSlowGhost is infamous around these parts
Default 3M Scotchgard™ Paint Protection Film???

I already did a search and nothing popped up on this topic.

Several months ago someone posted a red or blue Toyota Tacoma SR5 that got the front end done with the 3M Scotchgard™ Paint Protection Film here in the Hampton Roads area.

I will appreciate any information, prices and location of dealers that install this protection film. And, does it really work and if is worth the price?

Thanks
Old 11-15-2006, 02:29 PM
Srsly.

Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts
Default Re: 3M Scotchgard™ Paint Protection Film???

I'm interested in this too.
Old 11-15-2006, 02:30 PM
STi Round I

Chris G. Chris G. Chris G. Chris G. Chris G. Chris G. Chris G. Chris G. Chris G. Chris G. Chris G.

PM DoingOK, he had his truck and Z06 done.
Old 11-15-2006, 02:34 PM
Desolation

Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch

Originally Posted by XCELR8
Not too sure it would work well on wheels.

On topic but semi-non related.
I've seen adds for a rattle-can paint protection deal.
I don't remember the company, but it almost seems too good to be true, thoughts?
Old 11-15-2006, 02:35 PM
STi Round I

Chris G. Chris G. Chris G. Chris G. Chris G. Chris G. Chris G. Chris G. Chris G. Chris G. Chris G.

Originally Posted by XCELR8

The purpose of it is so you can drive the car and not worry about rock chips, Brock you have to drive the car first to worry about any kind of rock damage!!!!!!!!
Old 11-15-2006, 02:38 PM
$Level$

Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich

That was prob' me. I had UltraCote do the whole front end of my 2006 Tacoma and they also did the front and some lower sides on my 2006 Z06. You can actually search for local installers in Virginia. I am happy with the quality of the material and install, but they are not the cheapest in town. It was about $1500 for both cars. The spray on stuff is here- http://www.pro-tint.com/

Last edited by Rich; 11-15-2006 at 02:57 PM.
Old 11-15-2006, 02:53 PM
Classified Moderator

Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby

www.lamin-x.com
Old 11-15-2006, 03:10 PM
Registered Member

SlowGhost is infamous around these partsSlowGhost is infamous around these partsSlowGhost is infamous around these partsSlowGhost is infamous around these partsSlowGhost is infamous around these partsSlowGhost is infamous around these partsSlowGhost is infamous around these partsSlowGhost is infamous around these partsSlowGhost is infamous around these partsSlowGhost is infamous around these partsSlowGhost is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by DoingOK
That was prob' me. I had UltraCote do the whole front end of my 2006 Tacoma and they also did the front and some lower sides on my 2006 Z06. You can actually search for local installers in Virginia. I am happy with the quality of the material and install, but they are not the cheapest in town. It was about $1500 for both cars. The spray on stuff is here-
Where is UltraCote located at?

Thanks
Old 11-16-2006, 10:54 AM
Full Retard

tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr

If you want a more temporary (6 months) type of film, try this stuff. http://www.strippablecoating.com/pro...hield_5720.asp
This is what I use behind my rear tires at the track to make rubber removal easier. It works great and is only $25 for a gallon. Just don't apply it when it's only 30* outside or it won't dry, and will stay white. (MY car at MIR)
Old 11-16-2006, 11:20 AM
Never Blend In

nuke0907 has a reputation beyond reputenuke0907 has a reputation beyond reputenuke0907 has a reputation beyond reputenuke0907 has a reputation beyond reputenuke0907 has a reputation beyond reputenuke0907 has a reputation beyond reputenuke0907 has a reputation beyond reputenuke0907 has a reputation beyond reputenuke0907 has a reputation beyond reputenuke0907 has a reputation beyond reputenuke0907 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mumbles
Not too sure it would work well on wheels.

On topic but semi-non related.
I've seen adds for a rattle-can paint protection deal.
I don't remember the company, but it almost seems too good to be true, thoughts?
here's something you might be talking about. it has an article about it and he actually tested it. it's Canadian but he said you can buy it at Wal-Mart or similar places.

http://www.canadiandriver.com/articles/fr/rain-x.htm