Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

350Z Tire Feathering Issue

Old 01-09-2004, 06:26 AM
FEEL THE CURVES

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
spinninbackfist is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 350Z Tire Feathering Issue

Any other 350Z's out there have tire feathering issue's. And if you don't know and your tires sound like a damb 4x4 at low speeds and braking you got it. I'm getting ready to get my secound set of tires put on under warranty. First time was at 8k this time at 14k. It's not just mine either it's thousands of Z's out with the problem.
Nissan keeps saying " We know of the problem and we're working on a fix " yeah right, if thats the case then why can't we get a straight answer.
Does anyone know or have dealt with the Lemon Law? I love the car but it's not worth the headache at this point.
Old 01-09-2004, 07:28 AM

HotPinkPony is an unknown quantity at this point

www.350zforums.com This issue has been stated many times overthere and also the transmission grind that alot of 350z owners are experienceing. So no your not the only one.

BTW This is ZweetdreamZ
Old 01-09-2004, 09:44 AM
Banned

Boosted2003 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by HotPinkPony
www.350zforums.com This issue has been stated many times overthere and also the transmission grind that alot of 350z owners are experienceing. So no your not the only one.

BTW This is ZweetdreamZ

the engine and tranny are produced in france. not sure if it means anything too you. But go look at the records of french made motor parts...
Old 01-09-2004, 09:59 AM
PandaMania

BigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these parts

i heard somthing about that on tv about a recall on the car. if i remeber right it was somthing about not haveing the alingment right at all. Nissan is working on something to fix this.
Records on france made engines dont mean shit when he talking about the grind. He was refering to this motor not other motor made by them.
Old 01-09-2004, 12:27 PM
Banned

dont car renault still makes shitty motors.
Old 01-09-2004, 09:43 PM
Registered Member

deezee is an unknown quantity at this point

the tire feathering issue is an alignment thing. i had mine fixed when i changed the rims/realigned. as for the tranny, myself and ALOT of other people have had problems. mine was changed not too long ago, and i havent had ANY problems since. all i realy know about it is it was syncro issues. the tranny they installed in my Z was the 4th version to be released! they also changed my clutch pedal. the new one engauges about 4 inches off the floor. the old one was right at the floor. much improved!
Old 01-10-2004, 06:25 AM
2004 Danceoff Champ

Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy

I've always been told not to buy a car the first year it comes out and I would have to say this is the exact reason for that. Not trying to be a dick to the people that own them because I think they are sweet looking cars.
Old 01-10-2004, 06:29 AM
Banned

Originally posted by Tonka Toy
I've always been told not to buy a car the first year it comes out and I would have to say this is the exact reason for that.
Ding Ding Ding Ding You are a winner of a new first year 350z hehe
Old 01-10-2004, 06:46 AM
2004 Danceoff Champ

Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy

Originally posted by Boosted2003
Ding Ding Ding Ding You are a winner of a new first year 350z hehe
hahahahaahahahahahahahahahahaha. That actually made me laugh out loud.
Old 01-10-2004, 11:50 AM
757 to NoVA

sonic_va is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by Tonka Toy
I've always been told not to buy a car the first year it comes out and I would have to say this is the exact reason for that. Not trying to be a dick to the people that own them because I think they are sweet looking cars.
Hah..I've done that with each car I've owned so far. First year Focus ZX3, ZX5, and now a first year Mazda 6. And damn that first focus had a ton of recalls. The 6 seems alright so far though.

Quick Reply: 350Z Tire Feathering Issue