Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

3 tickets in one day...

Old 05-30-2006, 05:34 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NoRider has disabled reputation
Default 3 tickets in one day...

I got pulled over for not having my license plate on the front of my car, even though I had it obviously put on my dash very easily too see. He then gave me tickets for no license, and no seat belt. I've heard its a law that if the license plate is visible by 50 feet then its perfectly legal to put it on your dash, ryt? If this is true, since he pulled me over even though I did nothing wrong, can he still give me the tickets for the other two? I've heard that you can't get pulled over for JUST your seatbelt, that they have to pull you over for something else first, then they can charge you for that. Is this true?? Any help would be appreciated, especially if someone in hear really knows, I dont want to hear about what you think, just tell me facts.
Old 05-30-2006, 05:37 AM
I love WaWa

Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul
Default Re: 3 tickets in one day...

License plate must be properly displayed with no visual obstructions. Slanted on your dash behind your window is not properly displayed.

Once the officer has pulled you over he can write you citations for anything even if the first thing was not correct. In your case it was.

Put your license plate on properly, and take a picture of it. You may get out of that ticket. The other two, get some money together to pay the fines.
Old 05-30-2006, 05:50 AM
He's like the wind

MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC

You can be pulled for just no seat belt now.

We don't care you got three tickets, you probably deserved more. You're lucky you got off as easy as you did.

Since you got a ticket for no license, you should have had your car impounded and been beaten.
Old 05-30-2006, 06:06 AM
Srsly.

Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts

The law states that the license plate will be attached to the front bumper or within 12"s of it and by a physical means. (i.e. screws)

You should have received a ticket for spelling "right" like "ryt" too.
Old 05-30-2006, 06:16 AM
Registered member

Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random

Originally Posted by MAD_DOHC
Since you got a ticket for no license, you should have had your car impounded and been beaten.
+1
How do you even consider driving without a seatbelt on. That is straight idiotic
Old 05-30-2006, 06:16 AM
Registered Member

Jamie Q. is an unknown quantity at this point

Why are you driving without a license, that should be common sense like driving with a seatbelt on. That should be especially true if you are working on your car and you hang out at the scenes. Not doing these is just putting more bad light in our direction. Like they said replace your license plate and take a picture of it, bring it to court and that will pretty much guarantee you to get off.

The seatbelt citation is still a secondary citation and not one they can pull you over for yet. But that bill will be adjusted on the first of June or July, so just start wearing your seatbelt now and you will be properly trained in time for the passing of the new law.
Old 05-30-2006, 06:26 AM
srt-4s suck

blacksrt has disabled reputation

Having your license plate on your dash is a safety violation. If you got in an accident, it could slide off our dash and cut your head off.
Old 05-30-2006, 06:45 AM
SuperNeon

koreandragn is an unknown quantity at this point

Lesson learned. You should always wear your seat belt. You could be the best driver in the world, but as is anything, you're only as good as the weakest link, and the weakest link on the road are women drivers You can't stop others from pushing you into a wall at 60 and sending you through the windshield.
Old 05-30-2006, 06:46 AM
Registered Member

KhanArtisT has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by NoRider
I got pulled over for not having my license plate on the front of my car, even though I had it obviously put on my dash very easily too see. He then gave me tickets for no license, and no seat belt. I've heard its a law that if the license plate is visible by 50 feet then its perfectly legal to put it on your dash, ryt? If this is true, since he pulled me over even though I did nothing wrong, can he still give me the tickets for the other two? I've heard that you can't get pulled over for JUST your seatbelt, that they have to pull you over for something else first, then they can charge you for that. Is this true?? Any help would be appreciated, especially if someone in hear really knows, I dont want to hear about what you think, just tell me facts.
Wow, you are a complete idiot. Driving without a license is pretty easy to get away with if you do it right. But with no seatbelt and front liscense plate?! Amazing.
Old 05-30-2006, 06:50 AM
Registered Member

head1st4haloz is a jewel in the roughhead1st4haloz is a jewel in the roughhead1st4haloz is a jewel in the roughhead1st4haloz is a jewel in the roughhead1st4haloz is a jewel in the rough

wtf no seatbelt. dumbass.

Quick Reply: 3 tickets in one day...