Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

240sx rb26dett swap

Old 08-22-2008, 09:54 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
keyz_da_rapper has disabled reputation
Default 240sx rb26dett swap

i was looking into buying a rb26 skyline motor for my 240 shell but the transmission is awd so could i just get a rb25 tranny for it
Old 08-22-2008, 09:56 AM
Snoochie boochies

Beachin_240 has a reputation beyond reputeBeachin_240 has a reputation beyond reputeBeachin_240 has a reputation beyond reputeBeachin_240 has a reputation beyond reputeBeachin_240 has a reputation beyond reputeBeachin_240 has a reputation beyond reputeBeachin_240 has a reputation beyond reputeBeachin_240 has a reputation beyond reputeBeachin_240 has a reputation beyond reputeBeachin_240 has a reputation beyond reputeBeachin_240 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 240sx rb26dett swap

Yes.

If you're gonna do this, you better be a lot more serious than "hey an rb26 in my 240 would be cool." Do a *LOT* of research on this before you dive into it. Because it is not easy, and it is DEFINITELY not cheap.
Old 08-22-2008, 10:01 AM
Registered Member

jgrubb426 has disabled reputation

No where close to cheap. You'll DEF> spend more on the swap than the car. Finding a GOOD shop who has done it before isn't fun either. RB26dett is possible, but not easy. There is a lot more to it than switching transmissions.
Old 08-22-2008, 10:09 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Beachin_240
Yes.

If you're gonna do this, you better be a lot more serious than "hey an rb26 in my 240 would be cool." Do a *LOT* of research on this before you dive into it. Because it is not easy, and it is DEFINITELY not cheap.
so do you think it would just be easier if i just got a sr20 swap
Old 08-22-2008, 10:10 AM
Registered Member

Yes.

so do you think it would just be easier if i just got a sr20 swap
Old 08-22-2008, 10:25 AM
Snoochie boochies

Beachin_240 has a reputation beyond reputeBeachin_240 has a reputation beyond reputeBeachin_240 has a reputation beyond reputeBeachin_240 has a reputation beyond reputeBeachin_240 has a reputation beyond reputeBeachin_240 has a reputation beyond reputeBeachin_240 has a reputation beyond reputeBeachin_240 has a reputation beyond reputeBeachin_240 has a reputation beyond reputeBeachin_240 has a reputation beyond reputeBeachin_240 has a reputation beyond repute

Much much much easier. Even easier than that? No swap at all.

Seriously, what are you trying to do? Fun daily driver? Track car? Driveway ornament?

If you want a quick DD, seriously consider sticking with the KA and turboing it. A decent KA-T will cost ~the same as an SR swap and will often stomp all over it in the power department.

Or just leave the engine alone for the time being and work on the other aspects of the car. Suspension, brakes, make sure it looks clean and it's in solid mechanical shape.
Old 08-22-2008, 10:26 AM
Registered Member

bboyoracle is infamous around these partsbboyoracle is infamous around these partsbboyoracle is infamous around these partsbboyoracle is infamous around these partsbboyoracle is infamous around these partsbboyoracle is infamous around these partsbboyoracle is infamous around these partsbboyoracle is infamous around these partsbboyoracle is infamous around these partsbboyoracle is infamous around these partsbboyoracle is infamous around these parts

i swear wasnt a post like this made two weeks ago?
Old 08-22-2008, 10:52 AM
I <3 My DSM

SPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by bboyoracle
i swear wasnt a post like this made two weeks ago?

a post is made like this every other week or so and i still have yet to hear of any of them completing it.....its getting old really...
Old 08-24-2008, 08:38 PM
Registered Member

Much much much easier. Even easier than that? No swap at all.

Seriously, what are you trying to do? Fun daily driver? Track car? Driveway ornament?

If you want a quick DD, seriously consider sticking with the KA and turboing it. A decent KA-T will cost ~the same as an SR swap and will often stomp all over it in the power department.

Or just leave the engine alone for the time being and work on the other aspects of the car. Suspension, brakes, make sure it looks clean and it's in solid mechanical shape.
im trynna make it into a drift car
Old 08-24-2008, 08:40 PM
yaaat.

ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington

Originally Posted by keyz_da_rapper
im trynna make it into a drift car
Go KA-T. RB26 drift car lawlz. Better have bottomless pockets for that. Seriously though, a KA-T is more than enough.

Quick Reply: 240sx rb26dett swap