Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

2007 Mustang - Quick Question

Old 01-01-2010, 09:51 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mustang_Mike_VA has disabled reputation
Default 2007 Mustang - Quick Question

So... I finished the dual exhaust conversion for my V6 Mustang (I know, I know... why did you not get a V8...). Anyway, I did the Bullet Mustang (Ford Racing conversion) mufflers with the 3.5" stainless tips. They are really nice and sound great, add a little pep to the car, but: the tips are straight, not angled like the GT tips. I can't cut them or machine an angle on them because it will destroy the plating, I can't remove then because they are part of the muffler...

So here is my question: Do the GT mufflers with the cantered chrome tips sound like the Bullet mufflers?

Anyone with any experience on this out there?

Thanks
Old 01-01-2010, 12:13 PM
Quick Shifts

ISpimpin has a reputation beyond reputeISpimpin has a reputation beyond reputeISpimpin has a reputation beyond reputeISpimpin has a reputation beyond reputeISpimpin has a reputation beyond reputeISpimpin has a reputation beyond reputeISpimpin has a reputation beyond reputeISpimpin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2007 Mustang - Quick Question

Whats wrong with the straight look?..

Muffler tips do nothing to sound if that's what your asking. They do have some ''inner-cooled'' tips that supposedly speed up gas evacuation/velocity.. then you have whistle tips.
Old 01-01-2010, 12:32 PM
Registered Member

I know that the muffler tips do nothing for the sound, I was wondering about the difference between the Bullet mufflers and the GT mufflers. Do they sound different as they have different part numbers, or are they the same muffler with different tips? The straight tips do have the mesh cooler lining, but they do not whistle.

The straight look is fine, but I like the cantered (angled) look better. I know, I will be in the car not looking at the exhaust pipes.

Just asking if anybody has any experience with the different mufflers GT versus Bullet... versus Magna Flow, versus every other replacement muffler out there.
Old 01-01-2010, 12:37 PM
Quick Shifts

ISpimpin has a reputation beyond reputeISpimpin has a reputation beyond reputeISpimpin has a reputation beyond reputeISpimpin has a reputation beyond reputeISpimpin has a reputation beyond reputeISpimpin has a reputation beyond reputeISpimpin has a reputation beyond reputeISpimpin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mustang_Mike_VA
I know that the muffler tips do nothing for the sound, I was wondering about the difference between the Bullet mufflers and the GT mufflers. Do they sound different as they have different part numbers, or are they the same muffler with different tips? The straight tips do have the mesh cooler lining, but they do not whistle.

The straight look is fine, but I like the cantered (angled) look better. I know, I will be in the car not looking at the exhaust pipes.

Just asking if anybody has any experience with the different mufflers GT versus Bullet... versus Magna Flow, versus every other replacement muffler out there.
Friend has JBA on his mustang v6.. sounds pretty mean. Another guy I went to HS with has a single tip borla and it sounds worse than stock.. It seriously sounds like an ebay exhaust on a civic.

The way I came about mine was doing a youtube search.. you can get a good feel for what sound your looking for. Some exhausts have a little more rasp, while others are just a deep quiet rumble.. What sounds better is subjective.
Old 01-01-2010, 01:37 PM
NotAcOp:)

BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux

Most V6's Sound good with almost any dual / y pipe exhaust. Even tiburons with a small little v6 sounds good. My Z sounded great.... I know its a little off topic but I cant believe that a single tip borla sounds bad... but I always had 2 tips/
Old 01-01-2010, 01:54 PM
Bath salt trippin'

Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon

Moving to auto discussion. You'll probably get more input.
Old 01-01-2010, 02:49 PM
SSSSSVT

91 Hatch 91 Hatch 91 Hatch 91 Hatch 91 Hatch 91 Hatch 91 Hatch 91 Hatch 91 Hatch 91 Hatch 91 Hatch

Yes they will sound different. The bullet uses a different muffler than the gt. Gt mufflers won't be as loud
Old 01-01-2010, 03:15 PM
Quick Shifts

Originally Posted by starbux
Most V6's Sound good with almost any dual / y pipe exhaust. Even tiburons with a small little v6 sounds good. My Z sounded great.... I know its a little off topic but I cant believe that a single tip borla sounds bad... but I always had 2 tips/
I know its hard to believe.. I was in awe that he some how made the car sound WORSE with a borla.. I am not sure if it was the kit or if he just got it welded on.. but man o man, it sounded BAD.
Old 01-01-2010, 04:00 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by 91 Hatch
Yes they will sound different. The bullet uses a different muffler than the gt. Gt mufflers won't be as loud
Thanks, that was what I was wondering about..., maybe obsessing about (LOL).

The V6 will never sound as "throaty" as the V8, and the Bullet mufflers sound awesome, very nice low rumble... I just don't like the tips... but Oh well... it is what it is. My 67 with the 351C-HO has true GT duals, mufflers only, no resonators (stock Walker type exhaust) and it has a very deep sound. I am not going to have the "I put a new muffler on my Civic and it sounds like a blender" sound (not putting down Civics OK , but I do not want that sound).

I have changed out the cold air package and that made the engine sound different, the car is a little noisy anyway, which is nice. http://www.flickr.com/photos/7862986...7623063563666/

This is going to be a "work-in-progress" and see how it goes project I think. It is not a daily driver, just a fun toy to experiment with and see if I can make it go fast...

BTW - Thanks Junon... you are right - this section is better.

Last edited by Mustang_Mike_VA; 01-02-2010 at 10:22 AM.
Old 01-02-2010, 09:35 AM
CAPS LOCK BABY

CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK

dumb idea...... real dumb.

Quick Reply: 2007 Mustang - Quick Question