Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

2006 WRX Changes?

Old 07-01-2006, 01:21 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Soon2BeStangin is a splendid one to beholdSoon2BeStangin is a splendid one to beholdSoon2BeStangin is a splendid one to beholdSoon2BeStangin is a splendid one to beholdSoon2BeStangin is a splendid one to beholdSoon2BeStangin is a splendid one to beholdSoon2BeStangin is a splendid one to behold
Default 2006 WRX Changes?

Well, after a year of owning my 05 Liberty as my DD, Ive grown tired of it. I'm thinking of trading it in for an 06 WRX, since Subaru is offering 0% atm. But I have a few questions. Didnt they up the displacement from 2.0 to 2.5? Are there any other majors changes from 05?
Old 07-01-2006, 01:27 PM
Registered member

BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT
Default Re: 2006 WRX Changes?

Yes sir, they started putting the 2.5L motor in the WRX. Same engine as the STI, just not as beefed up. The front end has changed as well. Also the reinforcing of the chassis was supposed to be stiffen slightly to more so compare with the Evo in handling and put the power down a little better. Another thing they did was make 3 models. The TR, the WRX, and the limited. The TR (tuner ready) comes as your basic turbo car, with cloth seats, single cd, power everything. The WRX has 6cd changer, fog lights, and a spoiler. The limited has heated seats, sunroof, 6cd changer, fog lights, STI seats in leather, a spoiler and a few other goodies. I do sell them, and we are under new management right now, so if you are serious please contact me via PM and I'll do what it takes to make a deal with ya.
Old 07-01-2006, 02:48 PM
Registered Member

Soon2BeStangin is a splendid one to beholdSoon2BeStangin is a splendid one to beholdSoon2BeStangin is a splendid one to beholdSoon2BeStangin is a splendid one to beholdSoon2BeStangin is a splendid one to beholdSoon2BeStangin is a splendid one to beholdSoon2BeStangin is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by NJEJ8
Yes sir, they started putting the 2.5L motor in the WRX. Same engine as the STI, just not as beefed up. The front end has changed as well. Also the reinforcing of the chassis was supposed to be stiffen slightly to more so compare with the Evo in handling and put the power down a little better. Another thing they did was make 3 models. The TR, the WRX, and the limited. The TR (tuner ready) comes as your basic turbo car, with cloth seats, single cd, power everything. The WRX has 6cd changer, fog lights, and a spoiler. The limited has heated seats, sunroof, 6cd changer, fog lights, STI seats in leather, a spoiler and a few other goodies. I do sell them, and we are under new management right now, so if you are serious please contact me via PM and I'll do what it takes to make a deal with ya.
PM'd.
Old 07-02-2006, 09:15 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Don't forget the bigger brakes and wheels for the 06s.
Old 07-02-2006, 11:21 AM
Taking the shot

QwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these parts

DO IT!

ps: i'm gonna be in hampton this semester

Last edited by QwanSanchez; 07-02-2006 at 12:31 PM.
Old 07-02-2006, 11:24 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by QwanSanchez
DO IT!

ps: i'm gonna ge in hampton this semeter
10am Monday