Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

2 tickets. what to do?

Old 08-30-2007, 06:50 PM
RagPhoto.net

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
99CIVICFTW will become famous soon enough99CIVICFTW will become famous soon enough
Default 2 tickets. what to do?

i'm 16 years old and about 3 weeks ago i got my first ticket on my way to work. i was going 44 in a 25. then today i got a ticket for going 64 in a 50. i didn't question the first ticket but today the speedometer was barely over 60 and my speedometer reads 5 mph too fast. on top of that, other cars were passing me.(i say this cause i didn't know if it was possible that it wasnt my car that he clocked) today the officer said i may be able to get the ticket dropped to improper driving. if i'm proven guilty for both do i lose my lisence? i have never been charged with any crimes too so is it possible that the judge will let me off easy. should i just pay the fine? i was also told i have to go to a class either way. if anyone could offer advice or give me some info please do. thanks
Old 08-30-2007, 06:54 PM
Registered member

philville philville philville philville philville philville philville philville philville philville philville
Default Re: 2 tickets. what to do?

lol 16 and already 2 tickets? wow.
Old 08-30-2007, 06:59 PM
Too each his own

awdsixbolt has disabled reputation

i just got an 80mph in a 35 it was wicked crazy cops everywhere and they took my keys, anyway i got to go home and i called a lawyer but he wanted 600 bucks,
so i went out and took a defensive driving course before the court date, took my car to get the speedo checked and paid the guy a lil bit to say it was off by 15 lol, and then took it to a mechanic to fix the speedo(wink wink) he wrote me a ticket saying i paid him like 200 bucks to fix the speedo but i really gave him 50 and i gota copy of my driving record and went to court and got it dropped compeletly to nothing, the judge was just impressed with how i handled it i guess but i would do that,
Old 08-30-2007, 07:08 PM
Sup, ladies?

Lestar Lestar Lestar Lestar Lestar Lestar Lestar Lestar Lestar Lestar Lestar

Quit driving before you kill someone.
Old 08-30-2007, 07:10 PM
RagPhoto.net

99CIVICFTW will become famous soon enough99CIVICFTW will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by waterispoison
lol 16 and already 2 tickets? wow.
yeah, i know.

Originally Posted by fubar_mdw
i just got an 80mph in a 35 it was wicked crazy cops everywhere and they took my keys, anyway i got to go home and i called a lawyer but he wanted 600 bucks,
so i went out and took a defensive driving course before the court date, took my car to get the speedo checked and paid the guy a lil bit to say it was off by 15 lol, and then took it to a mechanic to fix the speedo(wink wink) he wrote me a ticket saying i paid him like 200 bucks to fix the speedo but i really gave him 50 and i gota copy of my driving record and went to court and got it dropped compeletly to nothing, the judge was just impressed with how i handled it i guess but i would do that,

good idea but don't think the parentals will go for it.

Last edited by 99CIVICFTW; 08-30-2007 at 07:19 PM.
Old 08-30-2007, 07:20 PM
executive member

Turbobrick Turbobrick

Originally Posted by ACCORDKID
i'm 16 years old and about 3 weeks ago i got my first ticket on my way to work. i was going 44 in a 25. then today i got a ticket for going 64 in a 50. i didn't question the first ticket but today the speedometer was barely over 60 and my speedometer reads 5 mph too fast. on top of that, other cars were passing me.(i say this cause i didn't know if it was possible that it wasnt my car that he clocked) today the officer said i may be able to get the ticket dropped to improper driving. if i'm proven guilty for both do i lose my lisence? i have never been charged with any crimes too so is it possible that the judge will let me off easy. should i just pay the fine? i was also told i have to go to a class either way. if anyone could offer advice or give me some info please do. thanks
Damn son, two tickets in a month might, want to look at getting a bicycle.

Depending on how close the two court dates are, you may get lucky since it usually takes a few weeks for a conviction to show up on your driving record. What this means is that the judge/cop may not have any way of knowing about the previous violation. However, if they do see it.........your pretty much screwed.

About the second ticket, what type of road was it, time of day etc. You said there were other cars passing you, how did the cop get your speed(laser/radar, pace.....) Some more details would help.
Old 08-30-2007, 07:37 PM
+RepCarebearCrew

I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers!

Originally Posted by Lester
Quit driving before you kill someone.
hes not a bad driver, the first ticket was out in the boonies on a road rarely ever traveled

Originally Posted by Asleeper

Depending on how close the two court dates are, you may get lucky since it usually takes a few weeks for a conviction to show up on your driving record. What this means is that the judge/cop may not have any way of knowing about the previous violation. However, if they do see it.........your pretty much screwed.

About the second ticket, what type of road was it, time of day etc. You said there were other cars passing you, how did the cop get your speed(laser/radar, pace.....) Some more details would help.

Princess anne road, around 7:20, im guessing radar, he said he saw him go buy and clocked him at 64, which i do not belive because i was looking at the gps and it was around 56 at the time, and there was a truck that passed us right before we got pulled over.
Old 08-30-2007, 07:50 PM
AKA: SHY_GUY

S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy

QUIT BEING A FUCKING IDIOT AND SLOW DOWN!!!!
When I was 16, 3 long years ago, I was at least smart enough not to get caught!
Old 08-30-2007, 08:00 PM
RagPhoto.net

Originally Posted by Asleeper

court dates are only about 4 days apart. 240sxftw was in the car with me.

we were going past the amphitheater toward the court house
Old 08-30-2007, 08:10 PM
Drink Up, Chumps

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

SLOW DOWN.

Quick Reply: 2 tickets. what to do?