Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

1200 bhp 4 turbo skyline MD??

Old 02-01-2005, 07:21 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RalliartRsX has disabled reputation
Default 1200 bhp 4 turbo skyline MD??

Pretty much no one knows me as I am a lurker. But thats cool. But, I think I have something to post about.

I go to school at Montgommery college and was talking to some car "guys." Now, I overheard one of them saying he saw a Quad (4, quattro, Quad) turbo setup skyline with 1200 WHEEL BHP(I then went on to ask him if it was all four wheels and he said no, the crank). He says the guy is running realy small T3 snails and that he has major lag problems(again, makes absolutely no sense. The whole point of a multi-turbo setup on an inline car is to remove some of the lag associated with a similar flowing single) Hmmmmmmmm I thought. Bullshit flag.

Talked to him a bit and he said he saw a dyno sheet(not enough proof to me) and hasnt seen the car(actually, first he said that then he said he only saw under it). Also says he knows the guy's son. Hmmmm. Anyways. I went on to explain to him that to have a 4 turbo setup on anycar (much less an inline 6) would have to have major fab work, plumbling, planning, money, and pretty much lots of time and R&D. I told him it sounds like the guy is pulling his leg. He also claims the guy owns some paint shop here in Maryland(he doesnt know which one ).

Now, can anyone not make me look like an idiot and please tell me that they have not heard of such a car(or atleast, tell me it doesnt exist)?? I have only heard about 2 skylines in the MD district, and the quad turbo one wasnt one of them.

P.S. He also told me it was a show car as well. .

Last edited by RalliartRsX; 02-01-2005 at 07:23 AM.
Old 02-01-2005, 07:29 AM
Registered Member

SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie
Default Re: 1200 bhp 4 turbo skyline MD??

What kind of name is RalliArtRSX?
Old 02-01-2005, 08:20 AM
Registered Member

RalliartRsX has disabled reputation

Well, I am a big evo fan(as where I used to live, we pretty much got all the big gun cars, from evos to silvias to big dog skylines to factory specials and one of the first really fast car I drove in was an evo 2 which was a hoot to drive).

Ralliart is mitsu tunning company and the RSX is from Extreme(the UK version of Ralliart that is now known as the extreme). They made a car called the RSX 450 that was just ballistic. Full forged internals and lots and lots of work. Was a weapon on the street.

Anyways. Thinking about it now, with all those turbos and turbines and compressors to spool with the extra rotating assemblies, I am sure the lag might be a bitch. But bottom line, I call bs. Is anybody with me??
Old 02-01-2005, 08:30 AM
No Turbo & No Talon

Turbo Talon has disabled reputation

WOW. he defended himself without being an ass about it.
You sir are a rare member on these forums. I salute you.
Old 02-01-2005, 08:54 AM
Registered Member

SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie

Thanks for the reply, I had never heard of the RSX 450 so I was wondering why you had the mitsu RalliArt and what came to my mind was the RSX of Acura. Its all good though.
Old 02-01-2005, 09:03 AM
Jay
VR-4ever

Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay

pic of the RsX 450?
Old 02-01-2005, 10:44 AM
No Turbo & No Talon

Not to call your bluff or say ur wrong but i did a lil searchin around af found this

RS450

o call the RS450 a thinly disguised tarmac rally car would be selling it short. It just has too much power. I'll start from the bottom up: Ralliart begins with a strengthened block and then bins just about all of the standard internals. The crank, conrods, pistons and cams all become competition-spec and they're topped with lightened valves and a special head. Lighter timing gear also helps the quest for even sillier power outputs.

The turbocharger has also been modified to cope with ridiculously high pressures. We didn't see more than 1.6bar during our time with the car, but Ralliart reckons it'll run safely up to 2.3bar.
RS450
Old 02-01-2005, 10:46 AM
No Turbo & No Talon

lookie what i found

RalliArt Lancer Evo VI RSX

Old 02-01-2005, 11:08 AM
Banned

Captain RS is an unknown quantity at this point

you guys totaly flipped this thred.. lol i still want to hear about this quad skyline.. i mean it can be done and the only reason it would be done is so that it would spool quicker buy having a turbo for ever 2v's and i doubt it would have lag. i dont see the over all out come towards boost. but yet i forgot you said t3. well ive seen it done to a civic and it had 2 15g's which i think is sim. to what comes on the vr4 gallant. but yes if you could look around and iam sure if this car was around the word would flow even faster than you can imagine.
Old 02-01-2005, 11:17 AM
HHIC

Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite

I doubt it....2 turbos on a 4 or 6 cyl I could see. but the plumbing for 4 turbos on a 6 cyl would be damn near impossible. You'd have to have a 4cyl with a turbo per cylinder or a V8 to make the plumbing even semi possible.

Quick Reply: 1200 bhp 4 turbo skyline MD??