Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

10 Cars You Can Bet Will Be Classics

Old 11-30-2010, 07:20 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
R.King R.King R.King R.King R.King R.King R.King R.King R.King R.King R.King
Default 10 Cars You Can Bet Will Be Classics

http://www.wired.com/autopia/2010/11...ssics/?pid=370
Old 11-30-2010, 07:31 PM
OV-104

Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis
Default Re: 10 Cars You Can Bet Will Be Classics

....Fiat 500 .....Cr-Z .....mini ....that list is a joke lol
Old 11-30-2010, 08:24 PM
Now drives a SWagon

Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi

I dont agree with any of those...maybe the mustang/camaro///but I knew theyd fap all over the "modern muscle." But not being bias cuz I own one I think the 350/370z would go down...every Z car in the past is sought after...Dont see Supras,Skylines,FDs,AE86s,NSX...unless they're already considered a "collecter car."
Old 11-30-2010, 10:27 PM
The world is yours

Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin

Originally Posted by Z33_Taxi
I dont agree with any of those...maybe the mustang/camaro///but I knew theyd fap all over the "modern muscle." But not being bias cuz I own one I think the 350/370z would go down...every Z car in the past is sought after...Dont see Supras,Skylines,FDs,AE86s,NSX...unless they're already considered a "collecter car."
wanted to plus rape you but must spread myself around first...
but your list an statement made alot more sense then anything on that dumb link
Old 11-30-2010, 10:43 PM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired

How about we use this thread to try and create a more realistic list? I don't even agree with the modern muscle car ones really. On a side note Cr33pin I was in Hardee's the other day and I saw an NSX drive drive by, you got any pictures of that thing up yet? I'm assuming it was yours as not many people in our area even know what an NSX is.
Old 11-30-2010, 11:34 PM
Banned

White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil

I think the point of the article is to list the domestic cars CURRENTLY IN PRODUCTION. I see a lot of cars you guys have mentioned that are no longer being produced like the Supras and AE86s.

NINJA EDIT: I rest my case..... Reading is fundamental.

Originally Posted by CEO McKeel Hagerty
(CEO) McKeel Hagerty said in a statement. "The Hot List is our prediction for which cars manufactured this year will hold their value and consumer appeal long enough to one day be regarded as collectible."
With that being said, what cars CURRENTLY BEING PRODUCED OR GUARANTEED FUTURE RELEASE do you all see as being classics/collectibles?

Personally? I think the Boss Mustang 302R is a definite possibility. I also think that a Dodge Challenger of some type will make it, not some overreaching optioned "drag pak", but definitely a rare and powerful version of it.

I also like the rumors that a Hemi Cuda could be just around the corner, in a couple years.

Last edited by White Devil; 11-30-2010 at 11:47 PM.
Old 11-30-2010, 11:57 PM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired

Originally Posted by Delbanner
I think the point of the article is to list the domestic cars CURRENTLY IN PRODUCTION. I see a lot of cars you guys have mentioned that are no longer being produced like the Supras and AE86s.

NINJA EDIT: I rest my case..... Reading is fundamental.

With that being said, what cars CURRENTLY BEING PRODUCED do you all see as being classics/collectibles?
Porsche 911, BMW E9X M3, Nissan GT-R, Alfa Romeo 8C, M-B SL AMG Black, Lexus IS F, Corvette ZR1, Dodge Viper (last year it'll be produced) possible candidates?
Old 12-01-2010, 12:22 AM
Registered Member

terrible advice has disabled reputation

i see the 1 series (135 particularly) being collectible. sure they're ugly, but they're absurdly fun. and not exactly out there in huge numbers. the viper. the e9x m3. i bet the camaro will be. mustang, not so much.
Old 12-01-2010, 04:06 AM
CrossFit KILLS

Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r

I think, if they never make another supercharged vette, the ZR1 will be worth lots in 20-40 years. The vipers are bound to be worth some skrilla as well being that they dont make them any more, and if Dodge went out of buisness the viper would def be a collectable.
Old 12-01-2010, 07:18 AM
Zombies found Waldo

buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie

Other then the CTS-V I didn't think any of those would be classics. The 03-04 SVT Cobra. 300 SRT8. ZR1. ACR Viper. Saturn Sky. Pontiac Solstice. Pontiac G8 GT.

These cars had short production runs, were very popular, yet there are not many on the road. I bet the performance Pontiacs will be very popular in 10-15 years.

Quick Reply: 10 Cars You Can Bet Will Be Classics