Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

07 Jetta Wheel Fitment - 18x8.5

Old 03-02-2010, 05:49 AM
Your Local DSM Tech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD
Default 07 Jetta Wheel Fitment - 18x8.5

So we own a 2007 VW Jetta Wolfsburg and it's coming to be the time it needs a face lift. To me the car looks very boring as is, so nothing is easier than wheels and tires.

Here is what the blank sheet looks like:

I've been trying to search around online, but I just can't find any good information on someone who has ran a 18x8.5 wheel on a Jetta. So, obviously my question is going to be about the offset. Hopefully some of you VW guys can help me out.

The wheel of choice:

RedarWerks 1-Eleven S

Miro 111

The offsets that are available are 18x8.5 ET35, ET 40 and ET 45

I believe that with the wheel being 8.5" wide, that anything under ET40 would stick outside of the fender. Can anyone verify this for me?
Old 03-02-2010, 05:56 AM
This.isEntertainment

Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn
Default Re: 07 Jetta Wheel Fitment - 18x8.5

go with the miro 111's, actually a sick wheel for being from such a shitty company. go with the 35 et, and get 215 40 falken 512's

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...w=false&cs=215

but before you do that, you better be on coils before you buy wheels. if not then you shouldn't even be thinking of wheels first.

http://www.racelandus.com/p-62-racel...jetta-mk5.aspx

Last edited by Uzi Crooklyn; 03-02-2010 at 06:00 AM.
Old 03-02-2010, 06:05 AM
Your Local DSM Tech

Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD

Originally Posted by Uzi does it!
go with the miro 111's, actually a sick wheel for being from such a shitty company. go with the 35 et, and get 215 40 falken 512's

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...w=false&cs=215

but before you do that, you better be on coils before you buy wheels. if not then you shouldn't even be thinking of wheels first.

http://www.racelandus.com/p-62-racel...jetta-mk5.aspx
damn those are some cheap coilovers.... worth a shit?

Also, do you think the 225/40R18 would be too much tire?

Last edited by Hybrid AWD; 03-02-2010 at 06:09 AM.
Old 03-02-2010, 06:09 AM
This.isEntertainment

Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn

i know a bunch of people who run them and they like them alot. i have a set of vmaxx which is essentially the same thing, and i love them, i've had them on 3 of my vw's and i've never had any issues with them at all.

daft punk currently has racelands, and so does mark w. i've heard nothing but good things.
Old 03-02-2010, 06:10 AM
This.isEntertainment

oh btw, not trying to be a dickhead right now, but if you don't listen to me with tire size and wheel et then you're dumb as fuck.
Old 03-02-2010, 06:27 AM
Blang Blang

sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com

Hybrid,
before you listen to brian, consider that he is probably giving you the makings of a "dope status" look. if you are looking for something you want to drive everywhere without worrying about road conditions, speed bumps, elevation change, etc...... what he is suggesting is not for you. not saying brian's advice isnt the best when youre looking for the "dope" look, but make sure it is what you had planned before executing.

Brian,
<3 8========D
Old 03-02-2010, 06:27 AM
Your Local DSM Tech

i know a bunch of people who run them and they like them alot. i have a set of vmaxx which is essentially the same thing, and i love them, i've had them on 3 of my vw's and i've never had any issues with them at all.

daft punk currently has racelands, and so does mark w. i've heard nothing but good things.
Mark W got ride of his TSW Nogaro's?

oh btw, not trying to be a dickhead right now, but if you don't listen to me with tire size and wheel et then you're dumb as fuck.
haha, well you are one of the people I was hoping to respond. Let's just hope you're right
Old 03-02-2010, 06:29 AM
Your Local DSM Tech

Originally Posted by sumospeed.com
Hybrid,
before you listen to brian, consider that he is probably giving you the makings of a "dope status" look. if you are looking for something you want to drive everywhere without worrying about road conditions, speed bumps, elevation change, etc...... what he is suggesting is not for you. not saying brian's advice isnt the best when youre looking for the "dope" look, but make sure it is what you had planned before executing.

Brian,
<3 8========D
Yeah this car cannot be VIP/Dope status. It's my wife's car and she drives it everyday. The last thing I need is for her to complain about "rubbing sounds" burning smell etc.
Old 03-02-2010, 06:29 AM
This.isEntertainment

Originally Posted by sumospeed.com
Hybrid,

Brian,
<3 8========D
8.5 et 35 isn't outrageous. its actually going to be dailied, not like my car wich cannot be dailied anymore. lulz.

he'll be fine and it won't be at all crazy
Old 03-02-2010, 06:30 AM
This.isEntertainment

Originally Posted by Hybrid AWD
Mark W got ride of his TSW Nogaro's?

haha, well you are one of the people I was hoping to respond. Let's just hope you're right
racelands = the coilovers

idk about those dook ass tsw dooks he had on his car

Quick Reply: 07 Jetta Wheel Fitment - 18x8.5