Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

05 STI or EVO 8 MR

Old 08-13-2008, 06:19 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mecheng88 is a jewel in the roughMecheng88 is a jewel in the roughMecheng88 is a jewel in the roughMecheng88 is a jewel in the rough
Default 05 STI or EVO 8 MR

Basically deciding which car to buy because I finaly have the money to do so. The problem is both cars are extremely well built and I already know about the performance ratings. I like the look of both cars but still torn between the perfornance differences. I have heard and seen that the EVo is technically better cause it has more torque to horsepower ratio. The STI has a 1:1 cause it had 300hp and 300ft/lb of torque and then you got the different RPM powerbands. i jsut want to know form the EVO and STI owners the real pros and cons of owning there car. Plus if you know anyone with an EVO or STI for sale under $18,000 and low miles just message me.
Old 08-13-2008, 06:44 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Re: 05 STI or EVO 8 MR

Wow. You're confused. Torque to horsepower ratio doesn't really mean anything, because horsepower is mathematically derived from torque. So if the two cars have a different power band, their peak torque (and inherently their peak HP) will be different. You're trying to compare something with something else that is derived from it..

You should drive both of them and decide that way. If the choice is that close, pick the one that feels best for your driving style..
Old 08-13-2008, 06:52 PM
face is vanilla

Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face

do you plan to do anything to it? you might want to play in the cost of the mods to each car.
Old 08-13-2008, 06:53 PM
Registered Member

Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
You should drive both of them and decide that way. If the choice is that close, pick the one that feels best for your driving style..
And theres your answer. You can search and search and search again and you'll see nothing but the same results...their so close, it really comes down to driving preferance. Go out and drive both then choose.

o...and use the damn search button, this has been gone over 2387239847 times.
Old 08-13-2008, 07:25 PM
Hating...

JKim has disabled reputation

Get the STi. It's suits you nicely.
Old 08-13-2008, 07:45 PM
Registered Member

GrenadeCRX GrenadeCRX GrenadeCRX GrenadeCRX GrenadeCRX GrenadeCRX GrenadeCRX GrenadeCRX GrenadeCRX GrenadeCRX GrenadeCRX

go to the evo forum... evolutionm.net
Youll find some bad ass deals for a evo 8, everyone is upgrading to the X or the GTR. I saw one the other day with low ass miles for around 15000... kind of pissed me off.

oh yeah and an evo 8 MR is not worth the money... you are basically paying for a six speed tranny- the five speed ratios are better-one of the biggest things MR owners do is switch to a five speed. The suspension aint that much better.

Evo vs. Sti has been beat to the death. To each is own.

Last edited by GrenadeCRX; 08-13-2008 at 07:52 PM.
Old 08-13-2008, 08:04 PM
Registered member

ONEFLYAZN ONEFLYAZN ONEFLYAZN ONEFLYAZN ONEFLYAZN ONEFLYAZN ONEFLYAZN ONEFLYAZN ONEFLYAZN ONEFLYAZN ONEFLYAZN

Get the EVO. It suits you nicely.
Old 08-13-2008, 08:04 PM
Hating...

Originally Posted by GrenadeCRX
go to the evo forum... evolutionm.net
Youll find some bad ass deals for a evo 8, everyone is upgrading to the X or the GTR. I saw one the other day with low ass miles for around 15000... kind of pissed me off.

oh yeah and an evo 8 MR is not worth the money... you are basically paying for a six speed tranny- the five speed ratios are better-one of the biggest things MR owners do is switch to a five speed. The suspension aint that much better.

Evo vs. Sti has been beat to the death. To each is own.
there is a lot more to an MR than the 6spd, even though it is weaker than the 5spd.

The bilsteins are softer and more comfortable than the regular suspension, but without compromising handling performance. The MR also has an alum. roof and special BBS rims.
Old 08-13-2008, 08:05 PM
Hating...

Originally Posted by ONEFLYAZN
Get the EVO. It suits you nicely.
i see what you did there....
Old 08-13-2008, 08:06 PM
Registered Member

Mecheng88 is a jewel in the roughMecheng88 is a jewel in the roughMecheng88 is a jewel in the roughMecheng88 is a jewel in the rough

yeah i know this topic has been beaten to death but thats what im gonna have to do is drive em. just making sure spending the money on the right car is what i want and enjoying the car until i cant drive it anymore.

Quick Reply: 05 STI or EVO 8 MR